38 coaches online • Server time: 01:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Delta

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno about anybody else, but I tend to get a bit lazy when I'm reading other teams player bio's.

Is there (or could there be) a link to view the whole team, along with each players bio in one go?

I wouldn't mind losing the Past Match Performance info in place of this.

There are several teams I have seen where the bio's for several different players are related fluffwise, and it would be quicker and easier to view the whole lot rather than switching back and fore from team to player.

Perhaps the format could be a long the lines of:

Player Pic - Bio - Stats - Injuries - Cp - TD - It - Cas - MVP - Spp - Cost

Is this a simple thing to arrange, or not worth the hassle?

Would anybody else like to see this?

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good idea to me. The monkeys have to read the bios when sent in to be approved so being able to read them all at once would be useful. Good idea Delta.

Flings Rule!
Delta

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, with two people supporting this topic the Fumbbl gods MUST bend to our will!!
Support for this has doubled almost instantly!! Wink

Seriously though, I don't expect the team page to change, just to introduce a Bio page in the above format (or better format if someone has any ideas?)

Perhaps a word from the gods to see if this is feasible?

While we are on the subject of Fumbbl's appearance, does anybody else have any ideas that might improve this already great site?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea too
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Delta wrote:
While we are on the subject of Fumbbl's appearance, does anybody else have any ideas that might improve this already great site?

Maybe a applet (or flash or whatever) to replay games actions (sort of slow motion replay)? Very Happy

From a techical point of view, it could be a library of moves for any given race. The coach select the player, the opponent, the action occurred and the application create an animation.

Then the coach create a link in player's bio (or report or even obituary) like "look what my blitzer did in turn x" and... bang! little popup window with animation... Laughing

marco

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm all ideas above sounds very cool! If only Mr-K ran out of paint, we might ba able to have this functionality in no time Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Delta's suggestion is entirely possible - after all, it's just a cut'n'paste job on existing code - but it comes down to whether Christer wants to put the time and effort in to slap together another page template. It's all up to him.
Delta

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

m0nty wrote:
...but it comes down to whether Christer wants to put the time and effort in to slap together another page template. It's all up to him.

Rather than hassle the divine creator himself, are there any Monkey/Chimps/Gorilla - type creatures out there with the access and capability to help?

I would offer myself but I am quite inept. Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2004 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No.
 Jump to: