23 coaches online • Server time: 08:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Cindy Piewhistle
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Got some questions about Cyanide's blood bowl if someone has the time (and knowledge) to answer. I always intended to buy their game (I mean, it was every blood bowl fanatics dream since they started!) but have been put off by the mixed reviews (and lack of PS3 port). Please help me.

1. I have seen mixed reviews about their game. However, several patches have been released. Has the game been improving?

2. Are there many players / games played each day? Do they have as many active players as FUMBBL, for example?

3. The social atmosphere of FUMBBL has developed nicely over many years, so I don't expect the same at Cyanide, but how is it? Is it a warm fuddly place to hang out?

4. Have disconnection issues been solved? Do they have a save-game facility?

5. Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks!

Oscar Wilde
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/ just might be better place to post this...

just a thought....
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought here to get a reply from a FUMBBLERs perspective.

Oscar Wilde
Am3

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Overall its imo pretty good (But, i started BB with CyaBB, and now im actually playing only at fumbbl.). There are still lots of bugs with skills, but Cyanide is doing pretty good job fixing them. Complete list

2. They just implented new "match-making" system what makes cherrypicking harder, i have always got game.

3. Not really.

4. Disconnects awards your team with 2 TD SPPs and 2 MVPs, so no.

5. AI sukks, big time. There is player made AI what seems to be a bit challenging. Worst part is whole league system, there is private leagues but admins have basically no power over them.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

have dabbled, slightly. i think SOME of the skills issues are now fixed, and i still cant believe they released it in the state it was in.
id say more active coaches here but its hard to say as the lfg function is really quite poor.
seems to be the usual mix of people there in the chat bit, ie quite a few big heads, and a few shouty people.
not 100% sure on save game or disconnections. i have only ever managed to play one game online and thats in abotu 2 and half hours of being online looking for a game.
they had some portforwarding issues, that seems to have been fixed.
i just sit there when i do play single player or whatever wishing it was as nice an interface as we have. it is such a clumsy game to play.
only plus side i can see is that there isnt some cheeky git with an ogre 7s team waiting there to kick my ass...
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

blocknroll wrote:

only plus side i can see is that there isnt some cheeky git with an ogre 7s team waiting there to kick my ass...

Damn those geeky 7s gits. Tell me who it is and I will kick his ... Oh wait a minute ... Wink

Am3 wrote:

5. AI sukks, big time. There is player made AI what seems to be a bit challenging.

Actually that is interesting. Is there an interface available to design your own AI? Do you have any links? (I can't seem to find anything more about this with Google)

Oscar Wilde
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think you can change the AI. ive heard some people put it on easy cos it takes more risks that way rather than just running aorund in its own half trying to cage. it seems to work ok when the pc is skaven, but otherwise it really is pretty cack. youd get a better game out of me vs those ogre 7s...... oh hang on ; p
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give the game another shot once they implemented the entire game and fixed issues with connecting to the game. I'll probably only play in private leagues though, the open systems seems worse than an MMO PuG.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
I'll give the game another shot once they implemented the entire game and fixed issues with connecting to the game. I'll probably only play in private leagues though, the open systems seems worse than an MMO PuG.

This analogy may have sealed the deal for me never playing their version.

/retired tank
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

lol
/retired priest ; p
Sttucker13

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

/retired Healer, Tank, Melee DPS, Caster DPS, some of them in multiples. Feels good to have my life back.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I've retried the PC game in the last few days. Apparently it got patched recently and I have to say its a decent patch.

I'll be playing on cyanide at least once in a while unless connection isues crop up too often.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2009 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

new Delf version is out soon.

So Steam tells me.

Still not convinced though.

I might get bored enough over Xmas to try it...

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2009 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sttucker13 wrote:
/retired Healer, Tank, Melee DPS, Caster DPS, some of them in multiples. Feels good to have my life back.

whats dps exactly... having a few level 70 plus characters i always feel i should know but never got round to asking

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2009 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

From what my WoW addicted work collegues tell me, DPS = Damage per Second.

A few of those collegues would be classed as "Mates" if they didn't spend all of the available drinking time in the pub gabbing about WoW. Razz
 Jump to: