58 coaches online • Server time: 11:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Codus

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I'm an old school Blood Bowl player who has recently rediscovered an interest in the game (largely thanks due to the PSP game which I picked up over the Christmas break), but I'm getting frustrated by the holes in the very predictable AI, and some of the rules don't seem to have been implemented properly at all.

All this has caused me to look back with misty eyed tears at the RL games I used to have, and has made me start looking for tabletop gamers in my area again (Nottingham, UK). After a few google searches, I've tried joining various BB forums to learn about local tournaments (this one, the NAF and TalkFantasyFootball), but this is the only one I have managed to join so far, as I'm waiting for activation e-mails on the others.

I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me in joining the other two forums. I can't PM the admins unless I'm already a member, and I haven't had any reply to the e-mails I've sent. Also, help or information on any RL leagues or tournaments would be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks
On1

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't you just play it here?

No A.I. here.

fetch the client and go.
Diddyboy

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i sugest you talk to purplegoo, petew,sillysod,sububbba in the WIL. join irc and go to the white island legue channel. lots of good coaches from UK there who travel all over to diferent tourneys and legues.

enjoy
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

take a look at http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org when your activation comes through (can take a little while it seems) theres all the tournament info posted on there. I got back into playing BB from when i was a lot younger in the summer and attended TT tourneys in Southampton, Poole, Evesham and Reading and am planning on doing a load more. In my experience of turning up to one not knowing anyone at all, it was a bit scarey for the first half an hour and then after that it was great and you'll soon find you get to know a few guys and have a great time. This year I'm planning on adding one in Somerset, and possibly the GT and one i think in Bognor to the list. As I live in Southampton I think a lot of the midlands and northern ones are out of range but there;s plenty go on in Manchester, cheshire yorkshire and the midlands. You could try and PM Darkson on here, as he is one of the main admins on Talkfantasyfootball, but I think i had to wait around a week to ten days to go live there. Also as Diddyboy said those guys he mentioned are worth a shout (apart from Sillysod obviously!)
Hopefully see you at one soon. Feel free to drop me a line if i can be of any help
Robin
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Codus wrote:

All this has caused me to look back with misty eyed tears at the RL games I used to have, and has made me start looking for tabletop gamers in my area again (Nottingham, UK).

You live in the capital of GW's eeeevil empire.

I'm sure if you head over to warhammer world then they can put you in touch with some local leagues and i'm pretty sure one runs there. PeteW even lives in Nottingham.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:

Yeah I know, I even considered entering their Grand Tournament, but £50 for a few chips and a doughnut for breakfast seems a bit steep.

To On1:- I will probably play some BB on here, but I have to admit to preferring the feel of shaking dice and picking up a well-painted mini! (Told you I was old school).
Codus

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the advice guys - I'll definitely act on it!

Now, time to brush the cobwebs off those Dark Elf miniatures.....

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2010 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Codus wrote:
spubbbba wrote:

Yeah I know, I even considered entering their Grand Tournament, but £50 for a few chips and a doughnut for breakfast seems a bit steep.

In that case check out White Isle Star Bowl in late August at warhammer world.
It's £30 (£25 to NAF members) but that gives you membership to the NAF (which includes block dice you can sell on e-bay, often for more than the £5 membership) and lunch on both days.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2010 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good plan. Just need to check with the wife (she might let me out for good behaviour), then I'll sign up