56 coaches online • Server time: 19:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:
Windows Vista, fully updated.

Java Version (Output from: java -version):
java version "1.6.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.3-b01, mixed mode)

Bug Description:
The game freezes after a blitz on a Dump Off player. The Dump Off pass is worked out as normal, but after that the blitzing player could not choose where to push back the Dump Off player. The blitzing coach couldn't press anywhere on the screen and not even end his turn. The Dump Off coach could press "end move" on the Dump Off player, but nothing happened, so we could not continue the game.
turboraton

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It happened to me as well in a match against essdubcoast.

<turboraton> arghhh
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have also had this happen, but Also I was unable to select my player to attempt to intercept (which the client asked me to do)
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2010 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Client Version 0.4.2 - Blitz by Troll slayer on DE runner doesnt allow the dwarf player to select an interceptor...

And then if you refuse to intercept, you cannot choose a square in which to push the player back.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 15, 2010 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.4.7.
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry but I don't think it is entirely fixed. I played a game where the first two blitzes and dumb off passes worked fine. In these two situations there were no players able to intercept the dumb off pass.

But the third blitz and dumb off pass made the game freeze. Here my opponent tried to intercept the dumb off pass. The client asked him if he wanted to intercept. He answered yes, but nothing happened when he clicked on the goblin or the black orc who could intercept (see pic). Reloading didn't help, so we had to quit the game.

Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 20, 2010 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.5.1.
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry - still not fixed, but now I found the problem: The bug is, that it is the wrong coach that decides which player that can try to intercept the dumb off pass.

Coach A has a Dumb Off player holding the ball. Coach B has a player that blitz the ballholder. Coach A is asked if he wants to use Dumb Off. Coach B has one or more players that can intercept, so he is asked if he wants to intercept. When coach B answer yes, then he is asked to choose the intercepting player, but nothing happens when coach B clicks a player. However, if coach A clicks on coach B's player who can intercept, then the interception roll, pass roll etc is worked out and the game continues.

Obviously, it is coach B who should decide which of his players should intercept.
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, this bug have been multi-reported here:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18447&highlight=intercept
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18190&highlight=intercept
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I've patched the client (not the server this time) again. And it looks good in local testing. Please verify whenever someone is in that game situation. Thanks for your patience on this rather imperfect fix.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar, you have nothing to excuse for. This just shows that you are human, i actually started to think you were some kind of uber-man. Very Happy
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Kalimar, you have nothing to excuse for. This just shows that you are human, i actually started to think you were some kind of uber-man. Very Happy

I still believe that, though...

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit you're fast Smile and i thought you were on vacation...

And no need to excuse. I'm just happy you're making this client
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: May 22, 2010 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Confirmed fixed Smile
 Jump to: