55 coaches online • Server time: 22:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Thul

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Java Version (Output from: java -version):
(build 1.6.0_20-b02)

Bug Description:
My Ghoul attempted a Very Long pass to a Wight. He had 4 Tackle Zones on him (yes it was desperation time). He essentially needed a 9+ and rolled a 4.

After modifications that was a 1 or less and should have been a fumble. However, the pass was allowed (and failed), sending the ball streaking to the other side of the board.

In addition, I was not given the option to reroll the pass, despite the fact that I had a reroll remaining that turn.
Snowmelter

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Same happened to me, except that it was "only" a long pass, no tz. So no high numbers for the pass were required. I just rolled the 1, still the ball flew over half of the place
turn 7/second half this match: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2992745
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.4.2.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2010 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to say this, but not fixed in 0.4.2

As my catcher got a total of -5 for his throw (3 tacklezones and longbomb) his roll of 5 would end up in 1 or less, and therefore be a fumble. But the ball was sent away to the other side of the pitch anyway.

Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2010 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, don't get it. What about your Agility? Ag 4 + Roll 5 - Modifiers 5 = 4 not 1. So why should it be a fumbbl?
Lerysh

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2010 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Agi is not added to the dice roll, it modifies the target number. This is most specifically seen in the Deathroller's Break Tackle since ST 7 is AG 7 is AG 6 when dodging, so 3 TZs is still a 3+ even tho 7+1(mod)+2(roll)-3 = 7.

A modified 1 is always a fumble, so 5-2-3 is a modified 1 is a fumble.
benjysmyth

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2010 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Lerysh wrote:
Agi is not added to the dice roll, it modifies the target number.

To be absolutely exact, AG defines the target number for the D6 roll when passing, catching, dodging, etc. The target number remains a constant throughout the process of determining the success of failure of the action via the roll of the D6. All modifiers then affect the number rolled on the D6 to see if the target number is met.

AG4 always requires a 3+ to be rolled. In this instance, the roll is [5]. Modifiers are then applied: - 2 long bomb - 3 tackle zones = 0. The player therefore fails his pass roll.

The extra rules for a fumbled pass therefore kick in, where a D6 roll of 1 or less before or after modification results in the passer dropping the ball in his own square.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2010 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Insufficient Fix -> Bug reopened.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2010 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.4.3. Fumbbl is calculated differently now.
 Jump to: