65 coaches online • Server time: 20:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:
Windows 7 64-bit

Java Version (Output from: java -version):
version 6 update 20 (build 1.6.0_20-b02)

Bug Description:
Didn't add mighty blow when piling on was used to re-roll the injury roll.

Link to game: http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2996197
2:nd half turn 8/8
Lerysh

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

When using Piling On to RR injury it's assumed you don't want to use Mighty Blow on the first injury roll since that rolls is about to go away. Easiest programming fix is to just apply mighty blow to both injury rolls, so if piling on is used we just pretend the first Mighty Blow modifier didn't happen.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I smuggled this in Version 0.4.4 post-release.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Now you get Mighty Blow on both armor roll and the re-rolled injury roll.

Block Result [ POW ]
Armour Roll [ 5 ][ 2 ]
Rolled Total of 7 + 1 Mighty Blow = 8
The armour of Kukeliku has been broken.
Injury Roll [ 3 ][ 2 ]
Rolled Total of 5 +1 Stunty = 6
Kukeliku has been stunned.
Lipbreak the Maniacal uses Piling On to re-roll Injury.
Injury Roll [ 5 ][ 6 ]
Rolled Total of 11 +1 Mighty Blow +1 Stunty = 13
Kukeliku suffers a casualty.
Casualty Roll [ 3 ][ 2 ]
Kukeliku has been badly hurt.
Lerysh

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Missing a statement to check if mighty blow was used on injury or on armor roll for the second injury roll.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Tried to test if this bug was fixed but came on a new problem. When i blocked with my Piling On player i got a pop-up that asked if i whanted to use Piling On. It toled me if player was prone or stunned, but i couldn't see the dice rolles untill i decided if i whanted to use PO or not. This meant that when i broke armor i didn't know if Mighty Blow been used to break armor or if it was used on the injury roll.

Also when Piling On been used i could only see the dice rolles from the final result, but not the dice rolles that been re-rolled.
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to choose to use either piling on or mighty blow in armour rolls in border cases, or mighty blow pops automatically?

example: rolled a 7 vs av7 guy. You should be able to use piling on to repeat the armor roll and save mighty for the casualty roll (or an eventual second result of 7 in armor roll,maybe?) or use mighty and then save po for the injury roll.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
is it possible to choose to use either piling on or mighty blow in armour rolls in border cases, or mighty blow pops automatically?

example: rolled a 7 vs av7 guy. You should be able to use piling on to repeat the armor roll and save mighty for the casualty roll (or an eventual second result of 7 in armor roll,maybe?) or use mighty and then save po for the injury roll.

Umm, did only a few calculations in my head, but I feel that you are always better of using you MB on breaking the armor in this case.
I know there are coaches that want to control every tiny bit in their game, but if one option always yields the best effect; Im happy if thats the default action.
quintalis

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on the armor. Being able to RR the injury roll is always the better option if available, but if you are up against higher armor, say 7+, and can break it using MB, use it. Rerolling that armor isn't going to help as much. It also depends how badly, tactically, it is for your guy to be prone.

Last edited by quintalis on %b %13, %2010 - %18:%May; edited 2 times in total
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't possible to rr armor if mb breaks it. Against snotlings it might be better to rr armor.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Not quite sure that I understand the problem here, but Mighty Blow comes before Piling On in the client. So it tries to break armor first using MB if necessary. If successful PO can be used on the injury (plus MB if not used), if not PO gives a second try on the armor.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You might decide not to use Piling On if Mighty Blow been used to break armor, but you have no idea if Mighty Blow been used or not.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 13, 2010 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On should be used like a Re-Roll, you can still Re-Roll a block even if you roll a pow.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2010 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

When using PO i got this pop up:

But when i had used Piling On it said it re-rolled armor instead of injury. So i don't know if it rr injury or armor. But if it rr:ed injury the old bug is fixed, but there is a new one.

Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 17, 2010 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I can confirm this strange with the injury and armor. It asked me if i wanted to reroll injury, and then it stated that PO had been used to reroll armor and that reroll was failed.
To me it looks like if you break armor on first try and use PO to reroll the failed injury, you actually start from the armor-roll again.
It would also be good to see what the armor rolled the first time, as that is the case of all other rolls (dodge roll: 1, reroll using dodge, dodge roll: 3)
If it would do that, it would be easier to see if MB was used on the armor or not when you get the question if you want to reroll the injury.
 Jump to: