33 coaches online • Server time: 16:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MxFr

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I justed spectated a game including goblins, and noiticed that the Stunty implementation is not accoring to LRB6/CRP.

The rules for stunty state:
In addition, this player treats a roll of 7 or 9 on the Injury table after modifications as a KO'd and Badly Hurt result respectivly, rather the normal results.

And this is what happened in the game:

Metahuman blitzes Ja:
Metahuman is using HORNS to bring his opponent down.
Block Result [ BOTH DOWN ]
Metahuman has been saved by his BLOCK skill.
Armour Roll [ 3 ][ 6 ]
Rolled Total of 9
The armour of Ja has been broken.
Injury Roll [ 3 ][ 6 ]
Rolled Total of 9 +1 Stunty = 10
Ja suffers a casualty.
Casualty Roll [ 5 ][ 5 ]
Ja has been seriously injured.
Ja has got a serious concussion (-1 AV).
gandresch

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

that's not totally right. The fact is, that if a stunty-player gets knocked down or stumbles or is fumbled during a throw or is pushed into the crowd or ... whatever. Well if it comes to an injury roll during such a situation and after all modifiers except the stunty modifier, the result is 9 and the stunty modifier makes the player be injured, then the player is only BH.

Example:
If a gobo has 2 niggling injuries and gets beaten by a nice little dwarf with MB, then the modifiers besides sum up to 3 (2 from ni and 1 from MB, if it wasn't used on av-roll). If the roll is a 6, then the modifiers make it a 9 and now stunty makes it be cas - therefor a BH. If the dwarf would roll a 7, then the modifers would make it a 10 and stunty doesn't matter any more.

Hmm, i hope that's clear now Wink

Greets,
gan
gandresch

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi again,

i was just asked, what my post had to do with the example from above. The example is absolutely right. The roll is a 9 and therefor the gobo should be BH.
I just wanted to show, that there are possibilities, where a rolled 9 would lead to a cas-roll and a rolled 7 doesn't lead to a KO. MxFr just mentioned the rolls of 7 and 9. In this case, this is absolutely right, but not in every case.
With MB or NI you can easily decrease the dice roll needed to a very low number. And don't forget Stab...

So, i hope, now it is clear Wink

Greets,
gan
MxFr

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:
Hi again,

i was just asked, what my post had to do with the example from above. The example is absolutely right. The roll is a 9 and therefor the gobo should be BH.
I just wanted to show, that there are possibilities, where a rolled 9 would lead to a cas-roll and a rolled 7 doesn't lead to a KO. MxFr just mentioned the rolls of 7 and 9. In this case, this is absolutely right, but not in every case.

This was taken from the log of the game I was spectating.

The injury roll was 9 and thus the Goblin should have been badly hurt, but instead a +1 was added and the CAS table was rolled, just like in LRB4.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Could be due to the client originally following LRB5 perhaps? The auto-BH on a 10 was only brought in later on, but still, very valid change that really helps Stunty teams in long term leagues thats should be fixed for the FFB Client.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2010 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.4.7.
Lerysh

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Confirmed fixed.

Block Result [ POW ]
Armour Roll [ 5 ][ 4 ]
Rolled Total of 9
The armour of Roughhouse has been broken.
Injury Roll [ 4 ][ 5 ]
Rolled Total of 9
Roughhouse has been badly hurt.
Roughhouse is STUNTY and more easily hurt because of that.
 Jump to: