40 coaches online • Server time: 17:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2010 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows XP
professional version 2002
service pack 2

Java Version (Output from: java -version):

java version "1.6.0_07"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

Bug Description:
When a high kick is rolled on the kick-off table. it enables you to drag one player to where the ball lands. When you try to drag a second player the client will not allow you to do so.

Unless you decide to drag players with right mouse button. In that case you are able to move all your players to random spots on the field Smile

The picture below is just after a kick-off and just next to the sideline (illegal setup anyone?)

Link to Screenshot:

Last edited by On1 on %b %01, %2010 - %22:%May; edited 1 time in total
On1

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick-off event: Quick Snap! also triggers this ability.

Furthermore both kick-off results enables you to move your players anywhere on field. (opponent can't see them, before they move) Also when you move them, they will move from their original spot, so if you placed them far far away from original spot, they are only able to move one square and end turn.

Kalimar, perhaps you should deactivate rightclick function completely in the client? (just an idea, since it's not really needed?)
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, this is real hardcore freakin' bug-search...

Well done! Smile

Post   Posted: May 02, 2010 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

btw, as far as high kick goes. I think the BOTOCS client has it in a more user friendly way as well. The client highlights the players eligible to receive the high kick & then you click one of them & he automoves to the spot. Same as interceptions in Skijunkie's client.
On1

Post   Posted: May 02, 2010 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
btw, as far as high kick goes. I think the BOTOCS client has it in a more user friendly way as well. The client highlights the players eligible to receive the high kick & then you click one of them & he automoves to the spot. Same as interceptions in Skijunkie's client.

Are you able to undo this click? (like if you click a new, will he move to the spot? and the player you clicked first become refreshed?)

edit: i like the current way actually, where you need to drag. However it would be nice to hi-light the square the ball will land in, like in the lrb4 client
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2010 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer the BOTOCS way then. Why would you need to undo the click? just check which one of your players you want to move before clicking.
We have other situations where you cannot undo a move like that, like quick snap. And there it is dragging to.
So having to click one player that would auto-move would be a better way to get rid of bugs.
On1

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
I would prefer the BOTOCS way then. Why would you need to undo the click? just check which one of your players you want to move before clicking.
We have other situations where you cannot undo a move like that, like quick snap. And there it is dragging to.
So having to click one player that would auto-move would be a better way to get rid of bugs.

lakrillo u are right. Forgot about that one, but then i would request that u still drag the player to the ball. less fail clicks will happen that way. (right click will be disabled completely it seems Smile )
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.4.5.
 Jump to: