36 coaches online • Server time: 17:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: May 02, 2010 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:
Windows XP

Java Version:
java version "1.6.0_19"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_19-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.2-b04, mixed mode, sharing)

Description:

The Slann can't unselect a chosen action even if the player hasn't done anything. Think this might be related to them having Leap all round.
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: May 02, 2010 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: Was a one-off thing, can't reproduce it in any way Sad
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2010 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I have cancelled actions with my slanns, maybe you stood a player up?
Was it a blitzer and you calculated that he would start from lying down?
Snowmelter

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

so, how do you unselect? with block it works for my slann, but for move actions not.
Ravenmore

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the server's down again so I can't confirm this idea, but what I think what I had in mind (Oh, the joys of alcohol)was:

When you select an action clicking on a player cancels it.

When the player has leap, the action is not canceled, but a end move/leap menu appears.

That's what surprised me.
From what Lakrillo says I gather that when you click "end move" the action is in fact just canceled, not ended.

So in that case "cancel action" would be more appropriate than "end move" but all in all I think calling this a bug is a bit much.

Need to check this when the server's up though...

I need to report while sober next time Embarassed
On1

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah Ravenmore i actually talked to Kalimar about this a while ago. He thought he had changed it, but it still said "end move" i think he knows Razz not sure.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, i have played mainly slann, so i was used to the end move, not really understanding wat people talked about when they said it was just to click the player. Very Happy
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any progress on an end-turn command that doesn't require clicking on a player? There's a ton I like about the new client, but ending player turns and ending team turns both drive me crazy. I can probably get used to the ctrl+t thing for team turns, but I'll never get used to needing to click a player to end turn.

Best reason to add this feature: you can misclick into any adjacent square pretty easily. I would personally like the option to remove the pull-downs that pop up when clicking on a player too. Either a player is selected or not, and you should be able to just use hotkeys for all movement and actions.

This would address this issue, too Smile

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
zakatan

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Is there any progress on an end-turn command that doesn't require clicking on a player? There's a ton I like about the new client, but ending player turns and ending team turns both drive me crazy. I can probably get used to the ctrl+t thing for team turns, but I'll never get used to needing to click a player to end turn.

Best reason to add this feature: you can misclick into any adjacent square pretty easily. I would personally like the option to remove the pull-downs that pop up when clicking on a player too. Either a player is selected or not, and you should be able to just use hotkeys for all movement and actions.

This would address this issue, too Smile

you can actually click anywhere out of movement range to end the turn
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

That's somewhat better, but what was wrong with "E" or "~" to end turn? Did making multiple clicks or click+hotkey improve something?
On1

Post   Posted: May 03, 2010 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
zakatan wrote:

That's somewhat better, but what was wrong with "E" or "~" to end turn? Did making multiple clicks or click+hotkey improve something?

It's sort of nice to be able to play only using your mouse O_o
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 21, 2010 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread can be locked. Cancelling actions works now, even for jump up prone players.
 Jump to: