42 coaches online • Server time: 19:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

June will see the beginning of the new cycle of tournaments with the first of many being the annual Cheater Invitational.

The Goblin Cheater nation has been seething for years at all of the glory that the Goblins get every year for their silly little Grotty Little Tournament, and they're not taking any more crap. While that other tournament goes through their motions, the goblins are banding together to show their own pride and glory, and will be hosting the Cheater Invitational each June starting next month. As with any other tournament, prizes will be handed out, and this one is no different. While the specific prizes have not been announced yet, it has been mentioned that the tournament will be the first to use a double elimination bracket.

The tournament will have a Winner's bracket and a Loser's bracket, with the winner of each bracket being deemed Grand Goblin Winner or Grand Goblin Loser. All entrants will play their first match in the Winner's bracket, and all losers will automatically be entered into the Loser's bracket for a second chance. As such, each team is guaranteed 2 games in the tournament, but beyond that, you're on your own.

Each bracket champion will receive a prize to call their own, and since the Cheaters are hosting this opening tournament, it's definitely going to be better than any of those silly "other" tournament prizes can offer.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I'll give any info that I can. Other than that, have fun Smile

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %08, %2010 - %16:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

when does this start, and what races are allowed?
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Applications will open on June 2nd, and the tourney will kick off on June 9th.

There is no limit on races, and there is no limit on TR either. I have not put a restriction on the amount of people joining, but there will be a cap depending on how many join....if 72 teams apply, 64 will be the cutoff, etc etc. The cutoff will 2/4/8/16/32/64/128 etc.

That being said...if we are close to a cutoff point, I reserve the right to add fillers to get the tourney up to a higher team count Smile...I'd rather have 60 teams + 4 fillers, than have a 32 team bracket.

--j

ImageImage
SvenS

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice =)

SL
bxnyc

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in! I cant wait to see what deviousness these cheataz have up their sleeves
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i will be as long as i still have internet Very Happy
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cheater Invitational is now taking applications for the tournament, which starts next Wednesday, June 9th!

See the front page news article for more info!

ImageImage
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2010 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

jump in and let there be blood. I have only been around less than a year but i have seen some of these "pre stunty revamp circa 2007" that have seemed to be just about the nastiest killing machines around i look forward to collecting some bounties.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2010 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow (hope this is the right place for this), have you considered running some ESPN style events in the background to this?

The throwaway silly single use teams may not be long term [S] franchises, but it might suck in a few coaches to rediscover the division? I seem to remember them always doing well.

As I said in the news post, gl with the Invitational, good to see [S] away and running under your command. Gogo shadow!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2010 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i haven't gotten into the minors side of tourneys just yet...but soon Wink

--j

ImageImage
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2010 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't actually have a team good enough to enter at present, but as a huge fan of [S] I am very excited about this anyway. Good work Shadow!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2010 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

woodpecker..yo'uve got til wednesday to get one in shape Wink.....

get to it!..

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: