42 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 08, 2010 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Bug Description:

Chaos Pact Minotaur tramples over the ball with Frenzy. The ball does not scatter, as it should, but instead the client lets the Minotaur attempt a pick-up.

Game: End of turn 4/4

Screenshot:

Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2010 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Unsure as to how this is an error. Why should a frenzy player not be able to pickup a ball?
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 10, 2010 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The ball should scatter after followup. So it should probably be a catch-roll instead of a pickup roll. There is the difference in what skills are used, and also the modifier. But most of all, a failed pickuproll will always result in a turnover, no matter if it scatters to a friend of yours or not.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 10, 2010 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ball scatters after followup in Version 0.4.6.
Lerysh

Post   Posted: May 11, 2010 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This is now possibly broken in the other direction. I frenzy pushed a player onto the ball and it didn't scatter until AFTER the second push, and then I was on the ball on the ground and it asked me to pick it up. The failed Pick Up resulted in a turn over. I'll upload screens from the replay showing what I mean.

The ball only scatters on blocks, ever, but there isn't a check for the mid frenzy scatter. What should have happened is push, follow, scatter, second block, with a possible catch roll if the ball scatters onto the frenzy player.

EDIT: According to my opponent, the player I frenzied over the ball became unselectable afterwards, and he retains the pow graphic for "was blocked this action", I placed a player next to him and was unable to even block the player either.
Lerysh

Post   Posted: May 11, 2010 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Screens:

The field before the block happened

First block pushes Dead Jim onto the ball, after which there should have been a scatter. There wasn't.

Second block puts Mighty Thor on top of the ball. Instead of a scatter it does a pick up, and ends in a turnover for failed pick up. No armor roll is ever made for Dead Jim despite the knockdown.

Later, Dead Jim is unusable for the drive, and can not even be blocked by adjacent players, doesn't have TZ for blocks or dodges.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this very detailed report, Lerysh. Reopened as a [BUG].
clarkin

Post   Posted: May 18, 2010 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

more data, if you need it
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2010 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, I also still get the bug where the ball doesn't scatter after a player is pushed into the ball by a frenzy player: Instead the blocking player must pick up the ball which leads to a turnover (instead of catching a bouncing ball which doesn't lead to a turnover)
Rayd

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2010 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

same bug here:
http://fumbbl.com/ffb.jnlp?replay=1507 in turn 6.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2010 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Found a bug today that I think is related to this. In T5 of the first half in this game an ulfwerner blitzed my lineman holding the ball into the crowd; afterwards the lineman was missing (not in reserves or injured) and looking at the log an injury roll had never been made for him. I think it's because of the 'turnover' from the frenzy player trying to pickup the ball mid-action. The player returned at half time, in fact I got the 'really end turn?' popup the turn after despite having moved every player so he was still around somewhere Smile
Screenshot shows the log at the time my player was thrown into the crowd; the ulfwerner in question was standing where my snow troll is in that screen.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2010 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.5.4.
 Jump to: