26 coaches online • Server time: 11:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cmelchior

Post   Posted: May 11, 2010 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played a few games now, where lag and the automove feature doesn't seem to play well together.

I usually play using a wireless LAN, which sometimes result in lag spikes. If I happen to to press a automove location during this time, it has resulted in the player moving to a wrong location.

My only hypothesis is that UI-events are not being saved, and in case of lag, those UI-events either doesn't get generated at all or get overriden by newer events before being sent.

I cannot reproduce this reliable, and it might be unavoidable, but it is still a bit annoying when it happens, and by reporting it, others can chip in if they have experienced the same thing.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 11, 2010 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I have had this happen too and witnessed it as a spectator.

My player appeared to automove the full extent of their move, then dropped back somewhere along the original path and ended the move there.

I watched someone blitz and the automove took them to the player to be blocked, I saw the 2 green squares for block dice, then suddenly the player jumped back to near where he started.
cmelchior

Post   Posted: May 11, 2010 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, thats a much better description of what I have experienced, and yes, my players always end their action after doing it as well.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 12, 2010 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in Version 0.4.7. The reason seems to be the user clicking on the mover path while an automove is going on. This is no longer possible.
 Jump to: