21 coaches online • Server time: 08:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carnis

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2010 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Operating System:
Windows XP home edition

Java Version (Output from: java -version):
version 1.6.0_20
SE runtime env 1.6.0_20-b02
hotspot(TM) client (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)
Bug Description:
Touchback can be awarded to a stunned player, where the ball ends up in the ground on the stunned player's hands. Supposedly the ball could be on the prone player until the end of half?

Link to Screenshot:
In this game, in the start of 2nd half.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2010 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed in verison 0.5.5.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2010 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Btw, the game should also be able to handle a situation, where the entire team is stunned. Then the touchback will bounce as normal as affirmed by Galakstarscraper in TFF. Don't know if it will ever come up, but theoretically.. Wink

Either way, this bug seems fixed, I haven't had a chance to retry it anyway.
On1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis that is a valid point indeed.. Also all players could end up in the cas box.. What happens in the client then, if a touchback occurs or a rock is thrown. O_o
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure what should happen, but I would love the rock to be thrown at someone in the KO box lol

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2010 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Btw, the game should also be able to handle a situation, where the entire team is stunned. Then the touchback will bounce as normal as affirmed by Galakstarscraper in TFF.

Yup. It has been confirmed, that it's in accord to the rules to award the touchback to a prone or stunned player, but with the notion that any time the ball is in the hands of a prone or a stunned player, it bounces.

Perhaps the fix could be that the No Hands -code would also check if the target player is prone or stunned and treat these three as a same situation? You can award the touchback to a No Hands -player, but it should then bounce.

Legal targets for the touchback are still all receiving team players in the field, regardless are they standing or prone and if I remember correctly, they could even be in the opposing half with a quick snap. Empty field is unspecified - so I don't remember how the one-man-receiver-gone-off-pitch-by-a-rock-touchback -situation is correctly handled. Perhaps just set it to some square and then bounce?

Should this conversation be continued on the bug-tracking system?
 Jump to: