18 coaches online • Server time: 08:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Araushnar

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

i must admit "i like dorfs" and we now changed from lrb 4 to lrb 5/6 in our tabletop league.

in my oppinion nothing serious changed for dorfs, but i have no experience in the new setting. Except 2 FFB Games with norse.

In LRB 4 i would give my:
Longbeards 1) Guard, 2) MB and on a Double Standfirm.
Trollslayers 1) MB 2) Guard and on a Double Standfirm
Runners 1) DP 2) Block and on a Double Dodge
Blitzers 1) Guard 2) MB and on a Double Dodge

Well LRB 5/6 except for one or two Longbeards with MB/PO for the first two skills would be the same for me?

Anybody out there with Dorf Experience in the new setting and with skill suggestions?

Regards

Araushnar
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand firm is not a double anymore, so positioning skills are easier to come by. I suppose it might be a good idea to get grab on a few players, to enable easier crowdpushing and to cancel side step. Likewise, juggernaut on a troll slayer would be nice to cancel stand firm.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing has changed much really, you still want plenty of guard, stand firm, mighty blow and pile on. Pile on especially is improved and gives the dwarves a little boost. Grab is okay on one or two players so you can keep players from escaping your grasp and also setting up people for crowd surfs at your troll slayers hands. Just do what you did before.

Although I don't have much experience with dwarves in LRB5 and 6 TT so I might get shot down here. But I don't see any changes to their style really. All I see is a top tier team made even more powerful by the the removal ageing, the stronger PO rules and free access to Standfirm for all of them.
You also get the Deathroller, which I haven’t used, but it looks to me to be another unneeded addition to the team that makes them stronger. It will get sent off after a drive unless you have bribe but it has dirty player so you can start fouling with it for the last few turns of the drive anyway. ST 7 is stupidly good, and it only has loner so it is the most reliable big guy in the game too. Starts with break tackle meaning it gets AG 6 dodges (sadly you can’t have ag7 dodges even though his ST is 7) and starts with juggernaut pretty ridiculous if you ask me. I wouldn’t mind so much if he couldn’t skill up but he also has access to strength skills and the rest on doubles.
Though it is very expensive so increases your tv alot.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You might want to go M Blow then Piling On with the Slayers, but the rest it's Guard / M Blow as usual.

Runners really need Block before anything else and Kick Off return helps a bt against faster teams.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd strongly consider Grab on the Blitzers and Juggernaut on the Trollslayers - being able to threaten a crowdpush from 4 spaces from the sidelines forces your opponents up the middle, and your blockers enjoy a 9 wide pitch.

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2010 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep in mind "FEND" cancels "PO".. It's not just an "i win button"

"GRAB" can in return help you use "PO" against "FEND"... But "SIDESTEP" will in return cancel that.

So instead of commenting on Dorf skills, i will suggest that all elves take fend/sidestep Wink
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2010 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend is the skill that will keep the cages stuck midfield.

Jump to: