64 coaches online • Server time: 20:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

In case you missed it in today’s chat.

Lrb4 teams will have option to migrate to FFB.
Fumbbl Cup may be the last Major on javabowl.
The fate of current FFB teams is undecided. Christer alone will decide.
Grandfathered teams will be allowed to play in majors, as will existing FFB teams if they are allowed to continue.
Old great-grand fathered mixed teams may not be allowed to transfer.

Skills Rosters etc:

Migrating LRB4 rosters is not hard, the system converts positional’s to equivalents in FFB.
So some teams may have more positional’s than they should i.e. Ogres may have more than 6 but they will not be able to be replaced when dead.
Ogre goblins become Snotlings.
Nurgle Beastmen become Rotters.
Norse catchers become runners.
RSC skill will probably become Claw but might be Mighty blow.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So don't fire those super star nigglers!

Nice news, and a good decision.

[Edit: IRC chat log confirms ... cool]

Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Grod on %b %11, %2010 - %17:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That's some news!

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of this was already hinted at in the GLN Q&A, but not all. Smile
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Good News!
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Imo Really bad news if this is true.

But to be honest I dont believe anything until C writes it himself.

There is so many things that never will be able to be converted well enough. Now we lived with years of old school lrb 3 teams in ranked (aka UD with 4 wights and BG with block+tackle taken as normal skill)- and it sucked bigtime.

And hey LRB 4 will live on here - but it will probly activitywise go down slowly.

I suggest the coaches get the option of either:

1) transfer their team it to a Lrb 4 Division.

2) or transfer it over to FFB but as a new team (aka only name and race are transfered) with no players and 1000 gold in the bank. This way the truly memorable teams will stay in the same coachs ownership.

And those who does not answer within a certain time - will have their teams deleted. So we can get rid of all those "1 game-> retired" teams. That would cleanup the db nicely.

The Transfer with players to FFB will open up for WAY to many exploits.

I predict things like this will be happening all over in case of a transfer:

Ogres: people hurrying to get the 12 ogres (and now take PO on normals - and take JU on all doubles from now on.)

Khemri teams will be created in a completely intence way - just up to getting block on each mummy. So when they are transfered - they keep a skill that is now a double.

Legends having 7 skills - which is impossible now

and sooooo on - those teams are in no way the only ones up for exploiding - they are just examples.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:

The Transfer with players to FFB will open up for WAY to many exploits.

I think the point is .. so what? Live with it. You will get inducements in any case if you play with a TV difference.

And I can confirm that Christer did in fact say all of that in the IRC chat.

Oscar Wilde
Calthor

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Cheer up, Charlie. It was C himself that was in chat.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Quote:

Cheer up, Charlie. It was C himself that was in chat.

I do not question #0´s word BUT:

Imo there is a difference between talking about ideas and plans as it is at this moment and making a officiel statement Smile

No doubt (no matter what way C goes) it is going to have huge impact on fumbbl. Some will feel "robed" no matter what.

But since Fumbbl to my knowledge has no way of remembering which rolls was doubles (but the coach ignored it) I really cannot see how the transfer can be fair. Sadly enough.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. I am still conficent Christer will do the right thing and let us all start from fresh.

Ofc course people will need a way to secure their old teamnames, but the rest will only bring pain and frustration.

Saying that migrating players will be easy, is quite a boast.

Thomcat gave a good example of how fumbbl will become the next months if Christer does indeed decide to let lrb4 teams migrate.

And for everyone that claims they will quit if they lose their old players; Are you also the guys telling me" Oh its just pixles", if i moan abit about a dead player? Smile
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
And for everyone that claims they will quit if they lose their old players; Are you also the guys telling me" Oh its just pixles", if i moan abit about a dead player? Smile

Noone will lose their players against their choice - Christer also ealier at least said that LRb 4 will live on.

So with a [Fresh start for FFB] people just have to choose between having Lrb 4 players in Lrb 4 or their team-name transfered to lrb 5/6 FFB.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahem. First, from the Q&A from the GLN. I did the interview myself, so I have not really forgotten it:

Quote:
That being said, I'm pretty sure I won't reset old teams. That would serve absolutely no purpose at all in my opinion. I'm leaning towards a model where old teams can be transferred to the new division, possibly with a tag on the teams in case they were in a grandfathered state.

One of my major concerns with the transition is that I don't want people to throw away the extensive background and history of their teams in order to progress. The rulebook even implies that old teams can be grandfathered in and I'd like to be able to find a way to do this in a nice and easy way.

And then now there's more evidence from this chat that this is indeed the way C is taking it: with a model/program to convert teams.

It's amazing people are still expecting a restart.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I was there on IRC, but I'm not holding my breath. I believe it when I see it. Anyway, Christer wasn't too specific about how things gonna be, I got the impression there were still alot of things to be worked out.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Calthor wrote:
Ahem. First, from the Q&A from the GLN. I did the interview myself, so I have not really forgotten it:

Quote:
That being said, I'm pretty sure I won't reset old teams. That would serve absolutely no purpose at all in my opinion. I'm leaning towards a model where old teams can be transferred to the new division, possibly with a tag on the teams in case they were in a grandfathered state.

One of my major concerns with the transition is that I don't want people to throw away the extensive background and history of their teams in order to progress. The rulebook even implies that old teams can be grandfathered in and I'd like to be able to find a way to do this in a nice and easy way.

And then now there's more evidence from this chat that this is indeed the way C is taking it: with a model/program to convert teams.

It's amazing people are still expecting a restart.

Leaning - is not really a clear statement as you make it out to be Smile