56 coaches online • Server time: 23:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will Big Hand be the best?
Yes, it will!
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Not a first choice, but you've made me believe a goblin could use it well
20%
 20%  [ 10 ]
No, Underworld are about hoping for a few games, and shredding your opponents after.
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
I see this poll as a direct challenge to produce a 100+ TD Warpstone Troll
34%
 34%  [ 17 ]
Why are you giving away your best ideas, you freak?
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
You
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 49

Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So I was sitting around, being awesome, and I thought about how may favourite thing about Fumbbl is the Top Ten lists. I'm excited that the lack of need to retire nigglers in FFB will allow for some awesome new leaders in most categories. I was also thinking about how new races will have blank slates in all divisions, and how great it would be to jump on.

So. Underworld. Mutation Access everywhere. We all know that a guard/tentacle Troll is going to occupy opponents very well, but is he going to rise up the lists? Not so much. Then, in my awesomeness, it hit me! Big Hand. A Big Hand Troll can pick up the ball! A Big Hand Break Tackle Troll can Dodge into a TZ on a 2+ and pick up the ball!

Then, even more awesomely, I realized that a STUNTY player with Big Hand can dodge into ANY NUMBER of TZ on a 3+ and pick up the ball!

So....... while recognizing that things like horned goblins and claws on skaven blitzers are useful, is it possible that Big Hand will be the go to Mutation for Underworld teams? Or will the majority just Claw up and leave us as the strangely successful freaks?

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to be a party pooper, but this doesn't apply to LRB5 trolls. Sadly, it has been nerfed to uselessness. It's a damn shame though.

Quote:
One of the player’s hands has grown monstrously large, yet remained
completely functional. The player ignores modifier(s) for enemy tackle
zones or Pouring Rain weather when he attempts to pick up the ball.

Last edited by avien on %b %29, %2010 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

AFAIK, Big Hand only allows you to ignore TZs and pouring rain. So, very useful on stunties - practically useless on a troll.

Edit: Doh! Beaten to it by seconds. Was very pleased with myself for knowing a rule. Laughing
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Two headed goblins are the way forward. Extra arms is the next best mutation..... but big hand is useful too.

I think your main motivation is to overtake my postcount.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloody people actually reading the rules....

Ok, Fair enough (though one could certainly build a Troll better for scoring with extra hands, long legs and whatnot). But I can have 12 goblins on my roster, 10 on the field if I have the Troll. If I Big Hand even 3, you'd better pick that ball up, or it's mine!!!

Extra Arms for goblins? I'm assuming you plan on fielding Skaven Throwers?

Last edited by Macavity on %b %29, %2010 - %01:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently being awesome does not correlate to being informed on the rules. Razz

The new big hand allows you to ignore modifiers due to tacklezones and weather...which means you still have to pick up the ball with an AG roll at +1. So a Big Hand Troll will pick up the ball just as easily in a crowd as he will normally. On a 5+.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, you guys are fast.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently knowing the rules does not correlate to typing before others could correct me. Razz

I'll retreat to my Goblins, then!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i had a similiar idea, but a chaos mino. Extra arms/BT/ big hand/VLL/two heads but WA is too big an anooyance
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The lrb4 big hand would work on Chaos a mino the way Macavity was describing. I'm surpirsed someone hasn't at least given that a go.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Apparently knowing the rules does not correlate to typing before others could correct me. Razz

I'll retreat to my Goblins, then!

Just roll 2 +AG increases for him and problem solved. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

well that mino build is still a 3+ to pick up, ag2 and +1 from extra arms, but it means using ur blitz to have a chance to do it Razz
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

can't a rat ogre try all this as well?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

ROgres only mutate on Doubles, so..... yes, but not easily, and still only 2AG.

Edit: Heard you just got beaten by a newb!

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2010 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That troll could have been really cool (damn you rules, you win again!). But at the moment I would be perfectly happy to settle for an Ag4 goblin with big hand...

All three new teams look like really fun to play with so I am happy that black box is soon to go LRB6ish.

Jump to: