28 coaches online • Server time: 11:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi BTW great application, you've inspired me!
But anyway, i would like to lpay the game in the smaller version, my monitor is a small one so i can't see all of the text-chat-input bar. I tried the small version and noted that i saw no pitch, just a black bow where the pitch should have been. I reasoned that this was because that i never had the correct small pitch images. So i downloaded those small pitch images from the downloads section and unzipped them into C:\Bbowl\pics\fields\lines
However, i still see no pitch image when i load up the small version.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Make sure you select your pitch type as 'lines' from the right-mouse-button menu in Javabowl.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a small monitor try raising the Resolution, can sometimes help.

Flings Rule!
Haska

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

cheers guys, its all sorted, never realised that i wasn't running lined pitch lol thanks again
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The tip about resolution is always a good one, btw, in case anyone else has this problem - certain sizes of monitors are designed to run at certain resolutions, but they can be pushed a little further (sometimes). Many 15 inch monitors can run at 1024x768 with a refresh of at least 72 Hertz (any lower, and the screen will 'flicker', causing eye fatigue and even headaches). 17 inchers should manage at least that and maybe one mode higher (1152x8xx?), and the flat screens all run at 1024x768 and up too (they don't flicker). In Windows, check your resolution like this: Right click>Properties>Settings>Screen resolution. (As a former computer tech, it always amazed me how people didn't set up the single most important part of their computer, their monitor, for maximum visual ease and performance. 19 inch flat screens ROCK, btw Smile)
 Jump to: