59 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scratch

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a slim chance that any of you will remember or know about the Battle of Britain but it's a tournament I kicked off years ago. And after my self induced banishment, I'm back! So is the BoB!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3231

All the information is there. But basically I want 16 coaches. From within the British Isles. I will accept british folk who are living abroad as long as the time zones are reasonable. All you need to do it make a league team (from the Ranked usable races) and submit it to the group.

If I get alot of submissions I will try to get the best cross section of teams. Otherwise it's first come first served.

See you on the field!!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Who are you again?

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember this. It was a good one.

I don't think that we still need the 1 DP rule though.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe a 1 CLAWPOMP rule?

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just trying to organise a tournament. As your well aware you can find out about coaches easy enough, so keep on topic if you'd be so kind
Scratch

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats true, I will make alterations, although injuries arn't as big an issue to the survivability of tournament teams now with journeymen around
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds interesting - might consider removing the minimum FF rule now too as well. Will think about applying when I get home from work.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thats done too. Glad someone remembers koadah! Alot of the old players aren't around anymore.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2011 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Applied with a norse team. Looking forward to it. Smile
Scratch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome so we have 2 teams. Norse and Nurgle! Who's next? This is your chance to show that your amoung the top coaches in the UK (or at least the luckiest).
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can decide whether it's for coaches from "Britain" (which would not include me) or form "the British Isles" (which would), then I might apply Smile
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, never mind, I'm out.

"This tournament is open to players from or living in Britain only so thats Wales, England, Scotland, N.Ireland and any other British islands."

Although, if I could make a small technical point, Northern Ireland is not in Britain, it's in the UK.
Scratch

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I class myself as welsh but on my passport its British, I'm not from N.Ireland so I don't know what it is there. The Battle of UK wasn't a historical battle, Battle of Britain was. It's just a name to represent the tournament that sounds cool. And it's completely open to any British (or UK if you prefer) citizens. Even people who don't live in the UK anymore but considder themselves to be (as long as the timezones aren't too different). I'd be happy to accept an Irish coach, Celts are always welcome.

(I can see from the Wacken picture you have good music taste, I hope you can sign up)
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Scratch with Shadows of Sotek
(As they lost to a 2-2 draw coin flip. And the only team to be eliminated from the finals without loosing a game accross the whole tournament.)

You awarded yourself 3rd place against the coin toss!

Sounds like the kinda league I want to be part off Smile (as Woody has somehow cheated to be top of his own league....)

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2011 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Noooo, of the 2 teams that got taken out in the semi-finals my match was from a coin flip and the match record was better so my team got third. Perfectly fair, the team that won came 2nd to me in group stages too. Razz

No cheating here!
 Jump to: