41 coaches online • Server time: 14:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,
I'm confused about setting up a league despite reading all the help files on doing so.

Let's say I have a league with 10 teams, 5 in each division (East & West). I want to set up a league season where each division plays other division teams 3 times (for 12 games total) and against the other division once each (five more games), with possibly another single inter division match for each team.

How would one do this?

Thanks.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

im not sure that you can and might have to do it manually.
as far as i know (and others know better im sure) you cant really do that automatically

but can I add on to this that it would be really good to be able to set up a league to say play everyone twice (football leagues style, "home and away") (or other combinations as above) and also to be able to set a league logo somewhere in the group pagethat occupied the centre of the pitch kinda like the skull on the los on the tt board so that all games played in that league displayed the logo on the field?
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use the current site tournaments to set up a round robin for each division, but games played cross division would have to be scheduled "manually" and scores tabulated by hand.

The site can't currently handle an "NFL-style" season where divisional matches and cross-divisional matches take place during the same round/week (as you would want to do to avoid bye weeks).

Best to set the schedule down "by hand" and tabulate scores manually.

Edit: I would love it if someday Christer programs such a functionality for leagues... call it an American Football Tournament.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need to wait until teams have all applied before you can do some things. I'm not sure though, I find it all quite confusing.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

open round robin

and in another group apply all the teams and edit scores

be sure to everybody play the calendar in order
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:Tournament+Structure

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

does an open round robin allow teams to play more than once? i didnt think it did (trying to think back to when i was involved in bb7s last year)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the replies. It is as I feared, not possible to automate. Unfortunate we can't have a simple drag&drop schedule builder to make each week/round's match ups.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

if some added functionality could be added whilst L is being looked at it would be amazing, and be a massive bonus (maybe not just) for the smaller leagues
vicius

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

open round robin just allow 1 match between teams, thats just to have a link with the whole results saved

When they have played their first match against rest u could start another open round robin in the same group
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

But open round robin allows people to play in any order, correct? I don't want people metagaming by trying to pick their games in order of the teams they want to play. I like the idea of a proper season schedule, where you know all the matches ahead of time and can plan appropriately and strategize based on upcoming games, without it becoming a picking competition.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah thats normal round robin not open
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2011 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

To answer the OP: Sadly, you can't.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2011 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I found a site that created a schedule to suit my needs and tried to paste in an HTML table from Word. (Yes, not the best idea with all the extra crap it generates, but I wanted a quick test.) Seems I broke the group page somehow. Weeks 15 & 16 won't show and I have no edit link anymore...

Please help.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=7447

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2011 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed... but that is some ugly code, and lots of unneeded stuff :/
Btw, you reached the limit, that is why the last table was cut off before it ended.
 Jump to: