81 coaches online • Server time: 21:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post What To Do In My Tur...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
plasmoid

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings everyone,
the rules presented below are an attempt to provide a more evenly competitive game than what the LRB6/CRP manages (and intends) to create. with LRB6/CRP established and official, the rules of Blood Bowl will not change for quite a while, so this is to be regarded as no more than house rules, inspiration or simply material for a philosophical discussion.
For the casual reader it is worth pointing out that my intention is not to make Blood Bowl blander - quite the opposite in fact.

The rules come in 2 parts:
*The first is a small rules pack (8 rules) intended to curb the power of straight bash, which is arguably dominating the current BB environment. The rules are based on Galak Starscrapers infamous wish list, but has been modified after some discussion with both Galak and Ian of the former BBRC. The rules weaken piling on, tightens the TV-cap, but also improves fouling to not suddenly make this elven finesse-bowl.
*The second is a list of modifiactions to just under half of the existing rosters.
Orcs, Wood Elfs, Undead and Dwarfs are slightly nerfed, Humans, Khemri and Vampires receive a minor buff, while Goblins, Halflings and Ogres get a substantial buff. The sub-standard teams will still be in the bottom of the power hierarchy, but by a smaller margin.

The intention of these rules is not to remove the tiers entirely. Rather it is to narrow the tiers considerably, making this version of Blood Bowl more generally competitive than the official CRP rules. This is a game after all, and games are fun when they are close fought. I get that some people love the challenge that the sub standard teams provide, but it is my opinion that such a challenge can easily be provided by a handicapping system, without restricting good coaches to playing the same few teams.

Enjoy
http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing 17 pages

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Plasmoid, thanks for the post and you (and the other 2) for your work. I'm sure you are about to receive A LOT of disagreement. I Hope we will have a league up and running on here to help play test soon.

PS. Removing throwers to nerf orc? LOL Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is pretty awesome actually, agree with all of it except that by buffing Flings and Gobbos it makes the worst team even worse.
I think if you tinkered heavily with the Ogres it would be a great ruleset.
Maybe give the Ogres some human throwers(which they actually had in the fluff unlike the fling dryads) or up the limit of Ogres or make them even cheaper.
Apart from that though, great work, well done!

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2011 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should go with what has been laid out (all though there is a fair bit that I disagree with). All the suggestions that 2 of the 3 have agreed with would be a good starting point (so no modifications on PO AV/Inj rolls and no change to wizzies for now - sorry Plasmoid)

I agree the dryads don't seem much fun and I would prefer to see ogres have a maximum of 8 ogres (at the same old cost). I could also (amongst other things) go on to ask why remove starting Blodge from the war dancers, but leave it on zons....

The guidelines suggested seem to be a step in the right direction and I certainly would like to play in a league play-testing them.

On a separate point, the suggestions seem to incorporate most issues raised in [R] & [L], however I feel there are still gaps in the [B] environment. I would like to see a set of rules that could work in all 3 environments. My suggestion being a tinker to the TV calculation.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogres are much to weak in LRB 6, anything that get's them better would be of help. They have three great disadvantages only a maximum of 6 guys that can hurt the opponent (and these guys have no access to claw and can take block only at a double), the small guys have almost no armour av5 is a bad joke and with str1 you need four of them to get a two dice block against a normal opponent. Last, but not least the rr are much to expensive.
Cevap

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you deliberately give Skaven direct M access and switched the werewolf back to his LRB4 self? Very Happy
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the human and Khemri changes, wood elf and Dwarf ones are ok and think the undead mummy change is really good as they suck at high TV whilst are great at low.

I think 0-8 ogres would be fine at 140K each, vamp changes are ok, less sure about goblins.

hate the fling changes, Dryads are bland and completely change the team dynamic.

I think Orcs should lose goblins over throwers with the right stuff changes. Keep TTM for stunties or underdog with stunty stars. And maybe make their Blitzers 90K.

Buffing fouling is enough to combat PO IMO, something is wrong with the rules when being prone is an advantage. bank, expenses and concessions all good.

Not so sure about the wizard changes, how about bringing back zzzap! as a replacement to the lightning bolt? That was always fun.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 00:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ty for exrpessing your interest in our site. And well done on the fan fiction.

Please do feel free to come and play some games here, also please invite your friends.

If they have the spare time to produce this, and with the ending some time ago of the bbrc it seems they do, they may enjoy playing bloodbowl online in an open envirmoent. it is probably quite different to any experience they have had, and i am quite confident they might enjoy themselves.

on a side note is the Galak you speak of the one that wrote the 'elfball' rules? If so i would like to talk to him. While i have never played elfball i have read the rules twice and can think of some major improvements that need to be enforced immediately.

Welcome to fumbbl, i hope to see you on the pitch.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

In general I like the suggestions, even those I disagree with seem well thought out. I'm most averse to the Dryads on the fling team. I'd prefer making the Chef an option to buy permanently or something else more in keeping with the core fluff of the team. AV7 for the flings is welcome, and may be sufficient on its own to give them a boost.

The suggestion of a TV +/- handicap for coaches is interesting. It would be interesting to see how that panned out in a perpetual league with the handicap being adjusted in an ELO type of way.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

any ruleset that comes with galak's input, has to be another attempt at trolling...

--j

ImageImage
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Have they still completely failed to give any starting player Wrestle? -Wardancers are an obvious starting point.

"tightning the TV cap" sounds like something I'd disapprove of.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been playing since the late 80's... I have played under every rule set...

I think the shift from LRB 4 to 5 was the best decision ever... and has been a great change for the game.

The LRB5 -> 6 was a further tweak which I have had no issue with and with LRB6 the message was "thats it for ages because we think its sound".

Now, we have a raft of further experimental rules from Galak and Doubleskulls who are great guys, but can I say, can we give it a rest!?

What happens when these tweaks show 'other' weaknesses?

I have to say, I am getting sick of the rule tweaks to achieve "perfection" in what is designed as an imperfect and chaotic game!

Leave it be guys Smile
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice ideas Plasmoid.

I for one applaud the unnerfing of Khemri, decay is ridiculous. Hell, I would love to see the lot implemented! I can't see a bad idea in there (apart from wizards, which I don't think is that much of an issue anyway) Personally I think the current LRB6 ruleset is a steaming pile of crap compared to previous rulesets and any attempt to improve it is a good thing.

If there is indeed a NUFFLE then these will soon become part of the current ruleset and our beloved game of BB will IMPROVE.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2011 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i think there are good thoughts behind this.

(c)pomb needs a nerf.

and i think the boost of human catcher is wise. they need to be better than the impressive ag4 woodies or gutters, by increasing their av they get a boost without bringing humans in the ag4 area of the real agility teams.

and to reduce the cost of a big guy is really important. at the moment with high tv and the negative skills they are in my opinion not worth playing in most teams.
 Jump to: