37 coaches online • Server time: 23:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Veruca

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! I am new to FUMBBL and apparently there was a game setup for me on Blackbox and I noticed it right after I turn my computer off.

Now the opportunity for a game is many hours old but the game still shows on my team's screen and I don't know how to remove it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heather
the_cursed_one

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

as it is blackbox, you are supposed to try and contact the opposing coach and schedule a time to play or if this is impossible due to timezones you can apply for admins to remove the game
Daudy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The best thing to do is to send your opponent a PM to try organise a time to play the game (as your team and his team cannot play a different team unless it's resolved).

Another thing could be contacting the admins in the Admin channel (in the IRC). I know recently Kryten conceded a game for one of my opponents, but that game was already more than half way done (and his decision which was fine with me as I was winning). I'm not sure what their procedure would be with a game that hasn't started. They could possibly allow you to concede (and thus lose the game, mvp and gate winnings), but I'd try organising a time first.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 05:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just drop us a line in #fumbbladmin, we'll sort it out for you. New people often have a bit of trouble in Blackbox until they figure out how the system works. This link is of great help:

http://fumbbl.com/help:CRP

Also, find a way to join chat, either via the java chat or some IRC client. Most of us are reasonable folks and will certainly help new coaches with any trouble they have.
Keith-Lemon

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Dont activate unless you have time to play, SIMPLE Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Kieth - only simple if you are not new and thus know the rules.

Less noob-bashing.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw his box team on gf last night.
Click activate next to the team to use them in blackbox. the draw for each round are at 15,30,45 and on the hour. Activate 5 mins before each.

Anyway. Welcome to Fumbbl

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

Less noob-bashing.

I suspect Keith was helping with the rules, saying essentially 'it's quite simple really, just don't activate unless you know you'll have the time to play'.
Where the simple is more encouraging and less reprimanding. (but I can't be sure =P )
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten gave a nice and professional answer.

Three cheers for the FUMBBL staff!!

Oscar Wilde
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I would create an unschedule Option and if both players accept the game will be cancled.
But in the end you must always contact your oponent.

Greetings

Smeesh
Fela

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeesh wrote:
I would create an unschedule Option and if both players accept the game will be cancled.

People were worried that clawpomb were not playing each other enough. While i'm not agreeing with that theory in general, I could see the implementation of your idea causing a _significant_ drop of matches between clawpombers.

(Just elaborating on the general 'NO' this idea would receive anyway Wink)
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I also thought if that can increase droped games. The only diffrence to now is that you must not contact the staff and can unschedule when both agree. But i guess there will be coaches that just use it an hope the oponent accepts to get his team out of beeing stuck. Propably there should be a statistic for each coach how often he used it.

Greetings

Smeesh
Veruca

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2011 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

Less noob-bashing.

Thank you very much for your comment pythrr. I suppose his comment could of been harmless, but you never know. I appreciate you backing me up though. Very nice of you.

Also, thank you to everyone else for all the helpful responses. It is much appreciated.

Heather
 Jump to: