15 coaches online • Server time: 06:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

In the client, if you suffer a turnover (a failed pass, a failed pickup) while in blood lust, you cannot feed on a thrall, no matter if there is one near you, and your vamp is sent to the bench
I think this is a mistake, by the rules.
cameronhawkins

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yo yo yo, man!

There are places to report stuff like this!

Don't provoke the wrath of the FUMBBL mob!

The client is new, and still has problems with all the right rules being implemented.
If you see a problem, follow the instructions on this thread:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=22348
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

He's not sure if it actually is a bug, so he asks a question. That's fine. I handed this over to the rules lawyers, as I think it is implemented correctly.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

According to the rules, during a pass or hand-off action, the feeding happens after the move but before actually passing, handing off or scoring.

I haven't tried it out in the client though (never had much luck with vampires).

Quote:
... Either way, at the end of the declared Action, but before actually passing handing off, or scoring, the vampire must feed. ...

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworlder wrote:
In the client, if you suffer a turnover (a failed pass, a failed pickup) while in blood lust, you cannot feed on a thrall, no matter if there is one near you, and your vamp is sent to the bench
I think this is a mistake, by the rules.

I'm not 100% sure if I understand what you are saying.

But I think the client handles it correctly. As turn over rules 'state if you suffer a turn over, the action being taken ends immediately'

vamp rules state that when you fail bloodlust you are immediately taking a move action.

so I think that is correct. Worryingly I noticed this quote which could mean there are a huge amount of bugs Shocked -

'The Vampire must take a Move Action, and loses his declared action for the turn. If the original action was one that could only be used by one player on the team then it counts as having been used up for the turn.'

Does this mean if you select pass you are not allowed to pass, or if you select blitz you are not allowed to bliz, same for blocking ?????

The only thing that possibly makes there not be a load of bugs is this -

'Note that the
Vampire is allowed to pick up the ball or do anything else they could
normally do while taking a Move Action, but must bite a Thrall to avoid
the turnover.'

but that says only for a move action, so it seems if you use pass or blitz it should be lost. and make you unable to use that action? please proove me wrong someone.

hmmm i think this may have openend a can of worms :S
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Noghing prevent my vamps to feed after the turnover for a failed pickup, because feeding isn't an action
For wat I think (but I can be wrong, this is the reason I'm asking and not reporting a bug) the rule require you to end your action near a thrall and standing, no matter the reason the action ends (failed pickup or you delibarately end the action)

I can be wrong, or at least I understand what's written in a different way from others
Igvy

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so.

[In the client, if you suffer a turnover (a failed pass, a failed pickup) while in blood lust, you cannot feed on a thrall, no matter if there is one near you, and your vamp is sent to the bench
I think this is a mistake, by the rules.]
You can only feed on a thrall at the end of your action (just before passing, hand-off or score). Only while standing. If you cause a turnover your turn ends and you don't get to finish the action. (see the rules for turnovers)

So that part is implemented correctly.

[vamp rules state that when you fail bloodlust you are immediately taking a move action. ]
This is incorrect, in the old versions of the rules this existed. now you can choose if you want to take a more action or just finish the action type you started.

[Noghing prevent my vamps to feed after the turnover for a failed pickup, because feeding isn't an action]
See Bloodlust, feeding can only be done at the end of your action. (while standing). This makes it part of your action.

I see no issues with the client here. Please feel free to discuss more.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I do have a blood lust question too. If a vamp fails blood lust but during the turn puts himself on the floor through wrestle, diving tackle or PO he still gets sent off right?

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, rules specifically states he must be standing to feed.

no feed = sent off.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, Igvy. You can do this much nicer than I Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:

[vamp rules state that when you fail bloodlust you are immediately taking a move action. ]
This is incorrect, in the old versions of the rules this existed. now you can choose if you want to take a more action or just finish the action type you started.

Can you find where it states this. Because those quotes are from the most recent version of the rule book that is on GWs web site???

I thought it had changed too but it would appear not! Shocked

I agree with you about the OPs question though, the client handles that part correctly.
Underworlder

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Igvy wrote:
Ok so.

[In the client, if you suffer a turnover (a failed pass, a failed pickup) while in blood lust, you cannot feed on a thrall, no matter if there is one near you, and your vamp is sent to the bench
I think this is a mistake, by the rules.]
You can only feed on a thrall at the end of your action (just before passing, hand-off or score). Only while standing. If you cause a turnover your turn ends and you don't get to finish the action. (see the rules for turnovers)

So that part is implemented correctly.

[Noghing prevent my vamps to feed after the turnover for a failed pickup, because feeding isn't an action]
See Bloodlust, feeding can only be done at the end of your action. (while standing). This makes it part of your action.

I see no issues with the client here. Please feel free to discuss more.

The turnover ends your action, thus I think you should be able to feed...
But I understand how you read the rules, I can accept it
Wang

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

This says you can choose to continue with your chosen action - so you can still blitz or pass or block oe whatever.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we need to be really clear here on what the issue actually might be. The original post has two very different scenarios with regards to BL. Passing and picking the ball are completely different for BL.

1. Passing. The failed BL vamp must feed before the Pass action. I believe this works correctly.

2. Picking up the ball. The vamp does NOT have to feed before it picks up the ball so it can fail a pick up, end the turn, and having not fed be sent off.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2012 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworlder wrote:

The turnover ends your action, thus I think you should be able to feed...
But I understand how you read the rules, I can accept it

No if you fail an action your turn ends there and then, so a tip for you if you want to pick the ball up make sure you move a thrall next to that ball as a failed pick up while suffering blood lust means bye bye vamp.

But what you are trying to say is this "fail blood lust but still moves to pick up the ball fails the ball pick up but you think you should be able to carry on moving after failing to feed" Now thats just wrong.
 Jump to: