62 coaches online • Server time: 15:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistlegoto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It's coming!

And as i see in the FUMBBL Cup, all [R] and [B] teams can join this edition. Awesome!

Get your teams ready for FUMBBL's biggest party!
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just like the last edition!

Let the clawpombing commence!

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

And watch all the ClawMB teams get knocked out in the first round by Elves Wink
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

[R] and [B]? The shame... Ah well, time to get a team ready to play.
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I am shure the R teams have an advantage here, but its blood bowl and annything can happen. We will see steeled minmaxed clawpombers from box get outballed by designed R teams and we will see cherypicked elves die under box hooves.
Hope painsate is up on the expositor ranks spreading the bloodbowl legends over the empire.

Greetings

Smeesh
Malmir

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really an advantage being ranked if you're a basher - my chaos dwarves need to rebuld and will prob have zero games between now and the tourney, whereas were they in blackbox they could play as many as they wanted scheduler allowing. Sounds more like a disadvantage to me. Plus ranked coaches are better at the game.

Sorry couldn't resist Smile
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really looking forward to this. Ranked and Blackbox are roughly the same size at the moment, so it's nice to have a tournament that draws from the combined population of these two divisions. I expect some healthy rivalry between R and B teams, although I think a Ranked winner is much more likely.
Dhaktokh

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Plus ranked coaches are better at the game.

LOL - go go go flamewar!
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
Plus ranked coaches are better at the game.

But, from what I have heard, Blackbox coaches are better at the Meta-Game Wink
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
pythrr wrote:

And watch all the ClawMB teams get knocked out in the first round by Elves Wink

Maybe. Then watch the 4 elfs and 7 journeymen lose in round 2 to some orcs... Smile

It's gonna be fun to see what happens!
RC

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

My bloated blackbox humans will be playing Very Happy
They got to be to big and pretty for me to wanna have the team crushed in some meaningless random game.
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=644793

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I do know one thing WILL happen....NUFFLE will grind the bones of Box and Ranked teams with vengeful wrath as the majority of teams will get horrible luck on the draw and get chewed up. Min/Max cheese and Cherry picker's alike will be consumed by NUFFLES indiffrence. All lamentations of luck and good fortune will be ignored as team by team is consumed by the fickle God of Blood Bowl.

Allmost makes you want to enter a TV1000 team and just roll the dice and hope the inducements play out.

(you want the FC this year to be remembered? Make the FC a pink slip death match format. You lose, you retire your team, oh and just to make it a little more fun, you have to enter your best team. NUFFLE knows which one is your best team, you cant trick Him.)

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

On a more serious note...The draw will be huge. IF the FC gets enough teams to make it a 8 round tourney or it would be great a 9 round tourney then the draw will probally heavily infulence the final 4.

If you go back through previous FC or even any tournament and look at the "path" the winner had to traverse to get to the final you usually see that for what ever reason the matches just "lined" up right or got a favorable matchup because your opponnet got mauled the previous game. Skill and team do matter BUT the draw is huge and cannot be overlooked as one of the main reasons certain teams go farther than others.

Last edited by PainState on %b %20, %2011 - %18:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
Qaz

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I do know one thing WILL happen....NUFFLE will grind the bones of Box and Ranked teams with vengeful wrath as the majority of teams will get horrible luck on the draw and get chewed up. Min/Max cheese and Cherry picker's alike will be consumed by NUFFLES indiffrence. All lamentations of luck and good fortune will be ignored as team by team is consumed by the fickle God of Blood Bowl.

Allmost makes you want to enter a TV1000 team and just roll the dice and hope the inducements play out.

(you want the FC this year to be remembered? Make the FC a pink slip death match format. You lose, you retire your team, oh and just to make it a little more fun, you have to enter your best team. NUFFLE knows which one is your best team, you cant trick Him.)

Yeah wouldent that be fun! retier what fluff Fumbbl has...

Ready to retier your deer Blood Sea Bucks PainState?

I doubt that we at pressent can make the 512 mark as we once did. But if we did it would be uber cool!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2011 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
PainState wrote:

Yeah wouldent that be fun! retier what fluff Fumbbl has...

Ready to retier your deer Blood Sea Bucks PainState?

What? you want fluff? well then every team that is retired is moved to a special div call "stykes". All the teams are in limbo in eternal battle to win tournaments to once again rise from the grave and rejoin Ranked or Box. The fluff is endless!!!!!