24 coaches online • Server time: 07:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tchatter

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen it on a wishlist or a features yet to be implemented list, but are Mercenaries in the plans for the final FFB Client?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the journeymen and induced star players that are in FUMBBL? Or something else?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Something else

Mercenaries are players hired with inducements. They can be any position your team can have. They come with the loner skill, cost the same as the position + 30k, and you can give him an extra (normal) skill for 50k more. They only stay for the one game they are hired for.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure that's in the plans, yes, but far down the list.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone explain to me why you even want mercenaries?... They seem pretty useless to me.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting Merc Big Guys is really good value. All the rest are pretty sucky I agree.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Can someone explain to me why you even want mercenaries?... They seem pretty useless to me.

More players can be very helpful? Besides, a bribe + mercenary DP can be an ice option to have.
Quaruk

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

For a liz team with mng sauruses i could really see the use of mercs Smile
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, thought they couldn't replace MNGs, but it seems they can... Nice.
tragedy4you

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock, its good for Teams that have only high cost Stars in need of simple numbers. plus a dorf blocker with 4329 loner block thickskull tackle for 100k or + guard for 150k is great imo Very Happy
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elf assassins and Norse Snow Troll are prime merc options as well for certain matchups.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

They can be used as cheap starplayers more or less, also getting that essential skill for the match, like a tackle-player against zons or whatever it is that you are really lacking can be great.

And yes, they are intended to be included sooner or later.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2011 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Merc kicker for some teams with MNG (or Dead) kickers are great, maybe even game winning depending on the circumstances. Same is true for strip ball, DP, etc.

Mercs for some teams when they have 80-90K inducements but don't want "just a babe" are great. Babes are a great value for developed teams where you really want any KOed positional players to come back, but what about a rookie team that doesn't have an apoth yet going up against a rookie Pact team with two big guys? If you could have 1 babe or 1 extra lineman that you can put on the line who isn't going to suffer any lasting injuries, you might go with the lino.

What about vamps who might want 1 babes + 1 extra thrall for 120K? Some teams really want that extra lino more than others.

Low TV Norse taking on Zons can get a block/tackle merc for 130K, would you rather have that or the 2 babes? If you have no tackle you'd probably think about that pretty carefully. I could go on, but the point has been made I guess.
tchatter

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2011 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a match where I was playing Pro Elves against High Elves and one of my catchers was MNG. I had 260k in inducements, and felt that grabbing (2) Catchers would have been more useful than just one star.

@Lakrillo - thanks, if I had to choose though, I'd rather see the last few skills implemented before much else.
 Jump to: