20 coaches online • Server time: 08:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine this scenario:

My ogre with Break Tackle and +AG really wants to invade a cage this turn. Unfortunately he is standing in someones tacklezone. Oh well, he attempts the dodge, he rolls a (2) fortunately BT is used automatically so he does not trip success!! Now for the cage!!! ... Hmmm now the ogre needs a roll of 6 to break that cage, so he chooses wisely not to attempt this stunt.. (well if coached by me, he probably would anyway)

However, if the ogre had the option of choosing to reroll the first dodge (and succeeding) instead of applying break tackle automatically.. he would have had a 4+ shot at entering the cage..

As i see it. You choose to apply break tackle. You should not be forced. Am i right rules lawyers? Smile
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

client winz

next

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
client winz

next

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and the bump. It's good to see you care about these things.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This issue is discussed at length here: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19665

and your specific example is actually discussed, and the answer is 'yes it's maybe not ideal' but in the interests of playability we will sacrifice some 'optionality'

gandresch wrote:
Why does the client consider such things?
Let's say an ogre/ST5-BC or something else has BT and wants to blitz in some kind of cage. So he first has to dodge out of a TZ and then after a few moves dodge into the 2 TZ of the cage to blitz. I roll a 3 on the first Dodge and BT is used automatically. After that BT has already been used and my dodge is on 6+.
I want to reroll the first dodge, so that i have BT left to dodge into the cage.

Lakrillo wrote:
gandresh, the autofunctions is much easier to code than optionality. Optionality usually creates a lot of bad stuff and headache to program.
People play online because it is fast and easy, if you want full optionality you should play tabletop instead.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:

As i see it. You choose to apply break tackle. You should not be forced. Am i right rules lawyers? Smile

You are right, the decision of using your ST instead of your AG for one Dodge roll it's up to you, it should not be decided by the client.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
pythrr wrote:
client winz

next

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and the bump. It's good to see you care about these things.

What pytthr is saying in his casually charming way, is more or less what King_Ghidra says: the situation might not be ideal, but the client is how it is, and this won't be changed in the near future, if ever. (End of story. Wink)
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Makes sense. A pity though as it significantly weakens BT.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If........you ever bring up petty cash ON1, I will hunt you down.
 Jump to: