59 coaches online • Server time: 00:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Korenn

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm playing in a small friend league and my elves are going to get their face bashed in (all in good fun), and I was wondering:

Has it ever happened on fumbbl that a team had to field 11 journeymen?

That would be one legendary replay Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Talent scout team!
Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Extremely doubtful, especially on FUMBBL. As fielding journeymen, when you don't need to is against the site rules.
EmynMul

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Question, harvestmouse: What if i were saving up for a blitzer or something and i had enough money to replace a linemen so i didnt have to play with journeymen, would that be a rules violation?
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 21:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

EmynMul wrote:
Question, harvestmouse: What if i were saving up for a blitzer or something and i had enough money to replace a linemen so i didnt have to play with journeymen, would that be a rules violation?

As enforced, the rule is to "strive to has 11 permanent players on the roster." You are not required to immediately purchase a lineman as soon as possible, but neither are you allowed to save up big piles of cash without purchasing back up to 11 permanent players. Where's the line for how much cash is enough and you should be buying players? Somewhere in the 200-300k range.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

EmynMul wrote:

It's all written down in the rules:
Quote:
Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.

Short version: you don't have to buy a lineman as soon as you can afford it. But you can't hoard cash while your team uses journeymen

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I presume this only applies to competitive divisions. If he's playing in L, he can happily use 11 journeymen as he pleases.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I had 8 journeyman recently
but thats far from eleven
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 22:09
FUMBBL Staff

zakatan wrote:
I presume this only applies to competitive divisions. If he's playing in L, he can happily use 11 journeymen as he pleases.

Indeed, the League division is the coaches' playground/sandbox to do whatever they would like.
Korenn

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't talking about doing it intentionally. I meant has any team been bashed to bits so hard that they were forced to?

Though I guess any coach would retire the team without actually playing in that case.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2012 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Korenn wrote:
I wasn't talking about doing it intentionally. I meant has any team been bashed to bits so hard that they were forced to?

Though I guess any coach would retire the team without actually playing in that case.

There's people who love their teams. I recovered from 7 in the pre-journeymen era, and that's not specially spectacular Razz
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ban hammah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Extremely doubtful, especially on FUMBBL. As fielding journeymen, when you don't need to is against the site rules.

Even in a league game?

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering the same.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2012 - 01:38
FUMBBL Staff

Again, we don't care what you do in the League division.
 Jump to: