28 coaches online • Server time: 00:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Last chance!!! - May...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering if there was a way to delete all those old users on the fumbbl.com member list that never made a team (people that have been gone more than say 60 days without making a team, and people that have been gone more than 90 days without playing 1 game)....i mean there are registered: 9418 members ( from the members list link ) and the most people i've seen online at any given time is 450 or so. if you look at the coaches, most of them have 1 team that never played a game, or they never even made a team.

i think this would give everyone a better idea of how many "fish in the fumbbl sea" there really are.
Barash

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This link gives a good idea how many fish are around:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=coaches

Is there maybe an other reason why you would like old coaches deleted?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

9419 regestered users....Last 24 hours 570, Last 3 days 868, Last 7 days 1112, Last 30 days 1632

1632 out of 9419.... 17% of the actual members of the site have been on in a month.

I dunno, i guess my alterior reason would be to save memory space on Christer's computer so he doesn't have to get another one so soon....then we have connection issues and everything all over again...

hmmm, worried about someone else's computer so i can feed my gaming addiction....

/me wanders off to find a rope and a strong branch
TSteamer

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, if there is a policy of deleting users, I hope that it would be very carefully reviewed. 90 days is entirely too short a time.

I can speak as someone who hasnt played in a long time, yet still long on and read all the boards fairly regularly. With my new job and a new baby, its almost impossible for me to find 1-1.5hours of quiet uninterrupted time to play...yet I still would like to keep my teams. Regardless of my team's lack of progress (especially to many power players) the relatively few career games I have played (roughly 12) represent a large chunk of my available time and is actually something Im rather proud of.

I would be very upset if my account and teams were deleted, regardless of their lack of use at this point.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

no, if you have played a game, you wouldn't be deleted....i'm only suggesting that people that have never 1) made a team, or 2) have made a team, but never played a game in X amount of time be deleted.
TSteamer

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

or 2) have made a team, but never played a game in X amount of time be deleted.

Thats exactly my point. I have 3 teams, I used to have time to play all the time. Now all the time I have is to log on here to read the posts...sometimes from work, sometimes from home. Regardless I dont have enough time at home anymore (since I work very late, and what little time I do have goes towards my son) to play a full game. But I want to keep my teams for when my schedule clears up...that may be in 3 months, it may be in 6, it may not be for a year, but when my time clears up, I'd like my teams to still be there waiting for me!!
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

90 days is way too short...maybe a year or so, but not 90.. When I recently got promoted, there were about 5 months where I was unable to play at all, but I would have not wanted to lose my teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

They cant delete any teams or coaches who have played games because it ruins the way that the database links everything together

this is as i understand it from how i remember christer explaning it to me

keep in mind how little space html files take up, its people like Acheron_Styx we need to get rid of if we want to save space, always playin games and uploading them. So selfish.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

They cant delete any teams or coaches who have played games because it ruins the way that the database links everything together

exactly...that's why i said coaches who have never played a game....

Quote:
its people like Acheron_Styx we need to get rid of if we want to save space, always playin games and uploading them. So selfish.

LOL...hey i've only played 567 games since July 20th, 03....it's not like i'm Copycat...playing 1142 games since May 21st, 03
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

But the point is, coaches who have never played a game are taking up like 13k of space each, not exactly breaking the bank, until there are millions of them that is

so lets delete you AND copycat, should solve any theoretical space issues!
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

BALETED!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, some people didn't seem to understand what Acheron_Styx actually meant.

If I amm not mistaken he suggests:

1) To delete members who have "never made a team".

2) To delete members who have made a team but "never played a game" .

He did not suggest to delete members who just haven't been around for quite some time. These members would be unaffected by his suggestion (as long as they have played at least one game no matter when).

He did not suggest to delete formerly active members who just haven't played for quite some time.

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %11, %2004 - %03:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

and you dont seem to get my point which is that doing all that would probably save 5mb, tops
Christer

Post 6 Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 03:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:

I dunno, i guess my alterior reason would be to save memory space on Christer's computer so he doesn't have to get another one so soon....then we have connection issues and everything all over again...

Code:
# df -h
Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda5              20G  8,3G   11G  46% /
/dev/hda7              18G  3,1G   15G  18% /home

And then I have two additional 20G partitions available... I don't see the site running out of space anytime soon Smile

And even if it did, harddrives are cheap these days.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i guess when you put it that way....
this just goes even further to prove that i'm a gamer...not a computer guy =D
 Jump to: