56 coaches online • Server time: 00:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post 22 Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to expand on the houserule options currently offered for leagues by implementing a new "Apothecary Houserule".

Personally I think the new (LRB 6.0) apo sucks big time. I realize that this is partly intended to increase the mortality in the game to balance the removed aging rules. I still think that it got nerfed a bit too strongly, especially compared to the Regeneration skill.

My suggestion for a small tweak would be to enforce that the new (choosable) apo injury result is different from the old one. So if you roll a kill you keep on rolling until you get something else than a kill. If you get a -AG you keep on rolling until you get something else than a -AG.

This way the apo is ensured to cure a kill every time (you get something else to choose from), but not guaranteeed to provide a better result in all cases (a -AV might provide a -AG as alternative to choose from or a -AG might be apoed to a kill, etc.).

What are you thinking?
What kind of apo houserules do exist in your Tabletop League?
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use the old LRB4 APO then instead of this or use a combination of some sort of both LRB4 and CRP

Blood Bowl is about players dieing also. Plus players will never die then. Gold will be more useless and meaningless than it is now.
uuni

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I feel that you developers are free to develop any and all house rules for leagues that you wish.

I think that this would be a strong buff for such small AV teams that are willing to withstand SI:s but not kills. Perhaps the Norse would benefit most from such a rule, or WElfs might be able to last longer even when not taking Dodge.

Sounds like a fine houserule!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with the old lrb 4 apo too. This would also help in the future to make the client more lrb 4 compatible, thus giving more choice.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I dislike the lrb4 apo leaving the apoed player on the pitch, though ...
EmperorZombie

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not give different teams different Apo's?
Low AV teams might get a roll to lessen a kill or injury by one "stat"(-AV to -AG, as stated above)
AV9 teams might get the current APO
Regen teams get none, or Igor.
Personally i think the Apo should have the chance to fail, if skills in BB always have an element of drastic failure, why should the APO be a sure bet?
Smeesh

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer using the Appo after the match. Just reroll afterwards.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go for having the choice of leaving the player on the pitch or not, but the rolls remain the same.

On a side note how are the fanatic and bombadier etc.. coming along? I want to start killing stuff with gobos Wink hehe

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The LRB6 apoth is more like a mortician, it is ridiculous.

I would like to see a variant on LRB4. Same roll, 2+ for the apoth, but I generally hate the guy staying on the pitch as well, it makes no sense really for serious injuries. So if you apoth a KO, you do leave the player on the pitch prone (or stunned), but a BH goes to reserves, and any MNG or death goes to Badly Hurt and are back for the next game and fully recovered.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The apo as per my original suggestion above may still "fail" by providing a result that is even less desirable than the original injury. e.g. the injury is a -AG, using the apo for a new injury results in a kill. So the coach will probably go with the original result - apo wasted. Or a killed player is apoed resulting in a -ST injury as an alternative. Preferable to a kill, but still not very satisfying ...

EDIT: I do like WhatBall's suggestion. Good one!
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i rather like the fluff idea of the apoth going out, seeing a broken leg and offering to kill my player for me Very Happy

if you really wanted to make the apoth more effective, just have any apoth rerolls subtract 1 from the 10's place dice reroll, so you can't get above a 58 and he will never offer to kill a player, although he may offer to break a players neck as means of anesthesia while he works on the broken ankle.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

if we bring back the old apo, gotta bring back aging too, imho

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

I would like to see a variant on LRB4. Same roll, 2+ for the apoth, but I generally hate the guy staying on the pitch as well, it makes no sense really for serious injuries. So if you apoth a KO, you do leave the player on the pitch prone (or stunned), but a BH goes to reserves, and any MNG or death goes to Badly Hurt and are back for the next game and fully recovered.

It sounds good, but there is also the problem of the inducement apoths. If the apoths are that good then the price would need to double for them because 3 apothecarys would be pretty amazing.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
WhatBall wrote:

It sounds good, but there is also the problem of the inducement apoths. If the apoths are that good then the price would need to double for them because 3 apothecarys would be pretty amazing.

I think 150 would be a decent price. 200K might be pushing it, but I agree 100K is too cheap.

I don't like the old ageing system, but perhaps any player who is saved from death or a -STAT injury by the apoth has to make a 2+ (3+ ?) roll or receive an 'ageing' niggle related to the injury they were healed from.
KenThis

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2011 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i like the new apoth even if last time i needed one it killed my already killed player.
i think that new apoth makes apo use much more tactical.
and in some instances simpler.
i used to only use apoth for cripples or rips on important players.
now I am far more likely to use the apoth on a badly hurt or tactical ko instead.
mainly because you're guaranteed to get more bang for yoiur buck but also because keeping numbers on the pitch can greatly reduce your opponents chances to hurt any more and hopefully helps you win
obviously it doesn't always work out right. but then i'm starting to appreciate that players come and go but its the team that lives on

what i would like to see is if you still have apoth at end of the match you can roll normal apoth rules on any non rip injury.
if a player has been dead for any length of time he is dead and gone.
but a crippled player might still get some benefit from an unused apoth even if its only a lethal injection
 Jump to: