65 coaches online • Server time: 22:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
poridge

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi I tried to play for first time and couldn't get roster to load. Tried with friendly coach hupap to play for first time and got message that roster was improper. My team has been approved and I'm using 7.6 client which worked for stand alone game. My options were identical to those suggested on client configuration page of fumbbl website, we used proxy 'hupap' host fumbbl.com and port 8081.
Anyone with any advice or anything please help ... dying to play Smile
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course you are dying to play...aren´t we all? Very Happy

I had the same problem, make sure you´ve enabled the "fumbbl login" in the options on the client, that fixed it for me.

Hope you get it going,

Mithrilpoint
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

also, try copying and pasting the team URL rather than typing it, that sometimes does the trick
poridge

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

k i've narrowed down the problem. I can't get roster to work at all. I noticed when I download roster it goes to <bbowl>/teams/FUMBBL/FUMBBL.html which is same as team page on website. Even when I browse to this file and load it, my roster still doesn't load even in standalone mode. The team name shows and game starts but players nowhere to be found. Hopefully now I'm getting somewhere.
I do have options configured same as on client config web page including fumbbl login Smile Iill try again when I get back from work, I think I'll reinstall the client see if that helps anything
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2004 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

poridge wrote:
k i've narrowed down the problem. I can't get roster to work at all. I noticed when I download roster it goes to <bbowl>/teams/FUMBBL/FUMBBL.html which is same as team page on website. Even when I browse to this file and load it, my roster still doesn't load even in standalone mode. The team name shows and game starts but players nowhere to be found. Hopefully now I'm getting somewhere.
I do have options configured same as on client config web page including fumbbl login Smile Iill try again when I get back from work, I think I'll reinstall the client see if that helps anything

Don't download the roster first. Just type the roster's URL in the box for Team One and it will download automagically and FUMBBL will accept it.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Don't download the roster first. Just type the roster's URL in the box for Team One and it will download automagically and FUMBBL will accept it.

I misspoke what I meant was when I type in the URL in the box for Team One, the client downloads the roster into the team/FUMBBL directory
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I think I know what you're doing. Does the URL for your roster look like this:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=95
or this:
http://fumbbl.com/teams/Ethanol+Cordials.html

I'm assuming it's the former (hence the fumbbl/fumbbl.html rosters) and that's a no-no. Lots of extra stuff on that page. Use the link to the roster (the green R) and you'll be good.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The URL i was linking was exactly as you said, at one point it even occured to me that would be simpler to parse strict roster w/o other stuff Smile Only 5 more hours and I can get off work and test it out, thanks everyone for advice and help
 Jump to: