31 coaches online • Server time: 01:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Superlynx

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't want to unnerve you (even though I somehow feel like doing so). Here's another idea for a new stunty team.

Bretonnian Squires

Don't hesitate to comment, please.

Fluff:
The Knights of Bretonnia are renowned for their skill at arms, their bravery and chivalry. A Bretonnian army is an impressive sight - ranks of knights with fluttering pennants adorned with personal heraldry, backed up with scores of squires and with even more low born peasants.

However, after each battle there is a number of very young 'orphan squires' whose brave masters were killed during the heat of the onslaught. The colourful dreams of these once hopeful and aspiring boys then quickly fade away when they realize that they'll never make it to the ranks of honourable knights due to the lack of a personal tutor and master who could finish their education and training.

In order not to waste all of these young talents some poverty stricken knights – often the ones who had to sell all their belongings to pay for old debts – are ordered to take care of the 'orphan squires'. The disheartened squires usually have to work hard in order to earn their new tutors a living – all of them hoping to be among the few to make it to the knighthood, against all odds. The impoverished knights however, hope to be able to regain their reputation and to get new wealth by teaching their squires elementary fighting techniques and the code of chivalry. The easiest way for these knights to make money and to prepare the young ones for the horrors of battle is to make them take part in the notorious Stunty Leeg.

0-16 Squires 50k
Dodge, Stunty, Jump Up
(A)
Squires are at the heart of each Bretonnian Squire Team. Due to their young age they're not yet fully grown-up and thus weaker than adult humans (ST 2). Since they usually had to follow their former mounted masters on foot, they learned that speed was essential in order to keep their masters' pace (MV 6). And the only lesson which all of these young squires have already properly learned is to never give up and to stand up quickly – no matter whether you were hit by your tutor's hand or by a training sword (Jump Up).

0-2 Mounted Squires 100k
Bone Head, Dauntless, animosity
(A)
These squires are the most talented and experienced ones who already benefit from the advanced training of mounted combat. Due to the fact that they are on horseback (ST 3) they lose the ability of normal squires to evade quickly (- Stunty / - Dodge). However, mounted squires always try to impress their new tutors by attacking the most fearsome opponents (Dauntless). Since they're not yet perfectly trained to master their steeds they sometimes fail to “steer” their horses [most often ponies] (Bone Head). Mounted squires feel like they're already part of an 'elite' and so often refuse to hand over the ball to squires on foot (animosity).

0-2 Veterans 70k
Stand Firm, Thick Skull
(S)
Veterans once served in Men-at-Arms regiments. Unfortunately, they were either severely injured or survived long enough to suffer from the inconveniences of ageing. Either way, they're not as strong and fast as they once were (MV 5 / ST 2) but they're still experienced enough to remember how to hold their ground against enemies (Stand Firm). Furthermore, they're used to pain and the hardships of life and thus are rather tough (Thick Skull). Veterans are often hired by impoverished knights to help them train the squires and to teach them respect and obedience.

0-1 Impoverished Knight of the Realm 140k
Dauntless, Leader, Block, Guard
(G/S)
Haunted by the loss of their former lives and belongings it is these knights' utmost wish to rise again and to regain and even surpass their former glory and wealth. In order to reach their goals as fast as possible these usually dismounted knights don't hesitate to throw their inexperienced squires into the dangers of Stunty Leeg Blood Bowl. Their combat expertise (Dauntless, Block) and leadership qualities (Leader, Guard) are huge assets to each Squire Team. Their only drawback is their heavy armour, which makes them slow (MV 4) even though it also makes them hard to knock down (AV 9).

Re Roll costs: 70k (140k when purchased later)
Apo: Yes
Double Rolls: A/G/S/P

Last edited by Superlynx on %b %05, %2013 - %20:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
mr-maverick

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2013 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, where do I begin...

...that is a LOT of positionals and im trying to think if there are any skills U haven't used. IMO it needs to be kept simpler, lineman a couple of positionals and a big guy(s) of some description. I like that you've thought about the fluff and the reasons for the skill choices, I just think you've gone a step too far 9 different player types and if fielded all the positionals you'd only have 3 linemen on the pitch

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I see your point. However, I just thought that having several unique positionals and no Big Guys makes the team in some ways very "new" or innovative. Nevertheless, you might be right that my idea is slightly over the top. Anyway, thanks for commenting.
oryx

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You also have basically every special skill you could have - starting roster can field tentacles, strip ball, sure hands, block, pass, pro... the list goes on.

It's fun to have a positional that starts with a skill that normally is restricted to doubles.. but this is pretty over the top =)
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It could be fun if you limit these positionals to say 5 max or so, like how the Gnoblar Ogres used to be limited. Then you need to make some choices.
Superlynx

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2013 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So, if it was up to you to "vote out" some of the positionals, which ones would they be? I'd be grateful for your advice.
Superlynx

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2013 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, please don't be confused by the posts above. They belong to a former team idea of mine (Mootland Pub Crawlers). And since I don't know how to delete a post properly and since I also didn't want to spam the forum with my posts I just edited my former forum post with an entirely new roster idea.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2013 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need to delete forum threads, you just let them die a death of oblivion. (until someone 'necros' them). Your current solution is... unconventional, and confusing, and ehm... wrong. =D

As for the content: I'd consider replacing dauntless on the mounted guys with juggernaut. It matches the fact that it only works on a blitz action (which is very cavalry) and it makes it safer to blitz with these guys who have no G access (and makes frenzy a very cool option on doubles).
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2013 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

A very interesting team list. One of the better/ more balanced ones (at least as it appears as of this review) I've seen in a while.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2013 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My main problem is- since when have bretonnia had stunty anything? Squires aren't stunty.

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2013 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

True, but I thought that this might be a way to 'somehow' include one more of the 'good' teams. Because I think that there are plenty of 'evil' ones out there.
But I think it's possible to think of - say 14-year-old squires - as being stunty.
 Jump to: