14 coaches online • Server time: 03:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello as stated by Arktoris in the clock topic,
what about reversing the timeout button ?
Meaning by default the clock will timeout after 4 minutes unless the opponent clicks a special button that will prevent the turnover.

whatever the situation, this will reinforce the dialog because if you have good reasons to be slow, you can explain them to your opponent (being new to the game, having a baby crying on your laps, phonecall or whatever)

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 07:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

thats pretty pointless. the jerkoff coaches(you know who you are) that would time out people just cause will use so that the game can never continue unless there is admin intervention. just leave it alone and report the dips that ignore good reasons for going afk... they do it enough you wont have to play with them ever again!
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry i don't get yxour point here.
The idea is to let the turn over after 4 minutes by default. And only your opponent is able to prevent it.
Meaning while player A is playing, only player B can prevent the 4 minutes turnover by clicking the "no time out" button.
i don't see how "a game can never continue unless there is admin intervention" ?

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, Lorebass is right. Won't stop idiots.
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this happen often enough that we need to change the client? I have to go afk quite often during games as I'm usually home alone with my 6 yr old daughter who gets hungry,falls down, ect. ect. I always have a second to say brb and explain what happened when I return.

Seems to me we're adult enough to deal with misunderstandings and bad seeds without having to ask the generous folks who created this fantastic FFB client to invest more of their time and coding skills than they already have.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to live in your ideal, idiot free world. Smile
blader4411

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

BRB is all it takes anyway; if someone times you out after announcing a RL departure you can report them and have the game forfeited in your favour. The rules already counter dodgy behaviour, so why fix what isn't broken?

...Like ClawPOMB Razz
Reisender

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

bad idea... people will just "accidentially forget" to press it.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ot they will be getting some coffee, etc.

That's what I often do in my opp's turn.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

can someone point me to the rule where you can get the game forfeited for this? I can't see it. It happened to me the other day, I said "brb, phone" or something like that, and when I came back I still had 15 seconds, but my opponent times me out instantly when the clock went over four minutes. Even though he had said "np" when I had to get the phone. I finished the game (and I think I won, but can't remember) but it really soured the whole thing. Chat had been good up to that point.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't get it forfeited.

If it meets a certain criteria; the game maybe cancelled and the offending coach maybe punished for bug abuse.

And no, I'm not giving further clarification on that. Simply if your opponent is awol for 2 minutes or more, don't time them out.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I almost miss the old client's 10-15 minutes buffer, at least then you didn't get blamed for being a douchebag/idiot when you time out someone who keeps breaking the 4 minutes for no apparent reason.

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2013 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
I almost miss the old client's 10-15 minutes buffer, at least then you didn't get blamed for being a douchebag/idiot when you time out someone who keeps breaking the 4 minutes for no apparent reason.

Well the old client you didn't time anyone out (maybe that's what you are saying) 4 minute auto time limit, with a 10 minute for competitive divisions and 15 minutes for non competitive division 'pool'.

I know which I prefer..........
 Jump to: