42 coaches online • Server time: 15:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in need of some graphics for tournament headers. If you check out the Official Tournament Page, you'll see that all of the official tournaments have a small banner, and each group page has the same banner for the group logo.

I'm looking for the same for the Stunty tournaments. I think it's high time that they had some publicity of their own.

There are several that are needed for this project:

Exploding Cup
Exploding Cup Qualifiers
Fighting Cockerel Classic
Fighting Cockerel Classic Qualifiers
Necromiser's Nightmare
Stunty Cup

Each tournament will need two identical logos, a large for the group page, and a small for the tournament list page.

Small = 265px x 52px
Large = 542px x 106px

Yes, I can shrink images myself, but I'd prefer someone who actually does graphic work to do it to make sure images are nice and clean.

Please PM me directly with any submissions. I'd like to work with people directly on the artwork, and not turn this into a community lobbying project. That being said, the community will get to see all submissions that are given, and the final chosen products, but in the interest of getting this completed quickly, and with the least amount of cooks in the kitchen, I'd prefer to keep this between me and the artists for the time being.

Thank you!

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %29, %2014 - %14:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea. I'd offer to help, but I just have too much on the go.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I will try my hand at the exploding cup and necro if you like? I will not be able to start until next Tuesday though,

FYI here are a few I have done, so you (Shadow) can see what standard I can produce from scratch -

edit: edited because of subsequent posts.

Last edited by Garion on %b %19, %2013 - %21:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If can add one bit of art direction, that someone might want to try. For the FCC I had envisioned a trophy that looked like a cook pot with two roosters as handles. They would be positioned looking outward, with their feet as the lower handle mounts and the tail feathers curled over to make the top handle mount.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Just as an FYI, I don't want any one person claiming a tournament specifically. I'd like to get as many submissions as possible, and will welcome all artwork for any bracket. With that being said, please do keep me posted on how the artwork goes.

--j

ImageImage
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion's photorealistic badassness is out of my league. But I'll take a swing at this anyway.

I know you'd like to have these soon. Can you give us a deadline for submissions? That way we don't all spend countless hours on the project and then find out that it's already settled by PM.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

There's not a real solid deadline, per se. If I can have them tomorrow that'd be great, but not realistic. Let's say 3 weeks, I think should be a good time frame, and if we need to extend it, so be it. That puts it at around October 9th for a soft deadline.

--j

ImageImage
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2013 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If the deadline were tomorrow, I'd win. XD

Three weeks then! Let's see what we can do, lads!
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

well this was my idea for the Nectomiser's Nightmare.

Sadly when sizing down from 5420px x 1060px to 542 x 106 it really loses all its definition and detail, it looked really awesome in its original size. But I could work on it more to get this right.

At the most basic level the bones just need to be a lot bigger/wider, though there are other areas that need more work when it is small. I was also going to add more bloodbowl gear to the letters, like shoulder pads etc... so this is still a long long way from being done.

Anyway here is the basic version anyway -
WIP

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks cool. If you want the bones to show more, you can make the word Necromiser's larger and then do Nightmare in red blood splatter, partially under the first word. The overlap will allow a larger font and the opposing colours will ensure the words are still distinct.

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2013 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah could do. The real problem with all the banners is how restricting the banner sizes are I find. I have a great idea for the exploding cup but it would need the banners to be half the width and twice as high.

It is paritcularly hard with necro nightmare because of how long the tourney name is. It doesnt give you much room to play with really.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent!

Still workin. Smile
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2013 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what to do with the Stunty Cup banner. Anyone have any WIP's to share?
 Jump to: