8 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have an exciting game, it's fun to watch on the JBBreplay program...thx for the great program guys. Smile

Not sure if I'm supposed to post this here, with the new Bugzilla, but...

A couple of problems I've noticed though...In most of the games I've watched (at least my own), the scores are wrong and sometimes a TD is attributed to the other team.

...The position of the ball is wrong sometimes, and it seems to be transposed from left to right, or vice-versa (my guess).

...Sometimes the team names in the end zone are switched and once I had both ends saying the same team. I don't know if this is contributing to the wrong allocation of TD's but thought I'd mention it.

an example:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=125447

*edit*...just watched the 1st 2 turns...I was kicking, but got a blitz. After the blitz turn, both end zones say 'Clad Karrond Cyclones', and when my opponent scores, the TD is given to my team. Maybe the blitz is the problem?

Anyone else with these problems?
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 01:36
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Found the problem and fixed it.

For some reason the replayer couldn't handle the blitz kickoff result properly.. I had code in there to handle it, but for some reason the replayer was looking for the wrong string (BLITZ instead of Blitz). Maybe SkiJunkie changed it and forgot to mention it to me or I just managed to bugger it up when I coded it.

Either way, the problem is fixed so all the symptoms you described should be resolved. The match you linked to seems to display fine now.

-- Christer
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick response Christer. Very Happy It's nice to watch a replay and not wonder why a player is running *away* from the ball!

That seems to have solved the problems with the ball position and score. However, it seems to have spawned something new...

Some players on both teams show as "null <player name> 0 0 0 0" and show no skills when you move the cursor over them.

This seems to be limited to the above replay as I replayed a different game in which there was a blitz, and this didn't happen. Some of the players view as 'null' after being knocked down, or stunned but it's not consistent. Doesn't reset after the half, or a TD.
Calamir

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be a problem with touchbacks, too. The ball was shown somewhere else, but not on the player who it was given to.
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2003 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

ok. Thought it was just my team, but this match has the same problem with the 'null' players

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=126202

the players appear to be 'null' in the dugout at the beginning

*edit*...this one too:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=126194
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, most of the matches I've looked at since the above change have the same 'null' player problem.

Does anyone know if I should post this in Bugzilla, or not? Is anyone else seeing this problem as well, or is it just my computer? Rolling Eyes

I find it hard to watch a replay when the player is listed as 0 stats and no skills...
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2003 - 03:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Whoops..

All fixed.. Had to make sure it didn't match the "Blitzer" player position as a blitz kickoff event.. lol

-- Christer
[TopGun]-Merlin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, is any one planning on updating the blood bowl replayer? I have noticed that the replayer often skips the first couple of turns, sometimes it incorrectly reports the location of the ball. It also doesn’t seem to Nicholas Kelsch excellent icons and sometimes just ends for no apparent reason at all. I think a few of these might be the result of the handicap table being implemented.

I would also like to be able download and save replays so that they can then be opened without having to connect to the internet afterwards. I want to have my favourite games on my hard drive and maybe even create a tutorial guide on my website

I have done a course in java and have some free time in the summer and want to make a few changes to the replayer, would anyone else want to contribute / help?