16 coaches online • Server time: 08:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Revolver_Ocelot

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have just started playing Blood bowl and I wanted to try out the Skaven team. I played some matches and got a lineman and a Rat Ogre skills,With the Lineman getting a double 1 and the Rat Ogre a 2/5 roll. What skills/Mutations should I get for each?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6SkavenSurvey

I would go guard, and guard. Juggernaut is ok if you actually would do blitzes with the rat ogre. I would have him standing around, giving guardsupport until he dies (niggle) then let the blitzers, blitz each turn for the SPPs.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl.
Like you are a new player still learning the game i think taking PO for the RO and block for the linerat will be the most useful.
Revolver_Ocelot

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for your responses. Yet I have a feeling I wasted a double on the block,Is it a double only skill?
C3I2

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Block is double on the RAT-ogre and normal on the linerat. Yes, you wasted the double, but its not a biggie.
madvig

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard on the Linerat, and Guard or Juggernaut on the Rat Ogre, depending how you use him.
Revolver_Ocelot

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a biggie,He died the next game i played with him Mad
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2015 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Rejoice. Smile
Better luck with the next one.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2015 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On is almost never advisable on a Wild Animal - until you get Claw. Having to either blitz or flip a coin every turn for the 150 TV+ Rogre is just brutal. with the prehensile tail his TZs are even more valuable. Using him as your point blitzer can lead to a lot of frustration.
albinv

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PO on the ogre was a funny suggestion indeed. Guard first, SF or JU next (to maximize the use of his PT). Doubles on rat linos are probably wasted until you are more experienced, but then G or blodge is good. Skill the gutters and vermins, kick on one lino (!) and 1-2 block/wrestle maybe.

Build a sweeping gutter (W, T, Dauntless) and a carrier (B, SH, SS) quick.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2015 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggs then PO for ROgre, Claw on doubles.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2015 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

For doubles on line rats, you can probably never go wrong with Guard. Actually, for any line player, guard will have its uses.

Block is always a key skill, though it's a regular roll for line rats so don't waste a double on it. Line rats are MV 7 though, so I almost prefer wrestle on them just because everyone else will be taking Block. They can still get up and move a decent distance on your turn, and having opponents down means less dodges and fewer tackle zones for fancy ball play.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2015 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the game, and the site!

C3I2 wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6SkavenSurvey

+1. These skills are pulled from winning teams and winning coaches, and represent tried-and-tested early skill choices. Highly recommended for new(er) coaches to the game or that one Race!

("Help" (in any header) -> "Racial Strategies and Rosters" -> https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy )

There are also some pdf's that are race-specific. They are fan-written, so can be hit or miss - hardly the last word. (They have been rated by the community - Rats are 4.5 (out of 5) and written by an excellent coach - that one is very good!

http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/LRB6Playbooks.htm

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Badoek

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you follow Smeat's link to plasmoid's you'll find Garion's skaven playbook "Shoot the Gap" which is very good and helpful, especially when you're starting out with Skaven. The Art of Blocking was a good one too if I recall correctly.

I'm not sure the survey results are all that good for new players though. Diving Tackle on Gutter Runners? Strip Ball on Linerats? These are quite specific choices for/by top teams/coaches and not necessarily something a new coach should do (where in the case of the linerat picking Fend might be a better idea for instance). There's no context and that's exactly something a new(ish) coach will struggle with.
If you have a Gutter Runner (or two, or three) that are your ball sackers, you should never give a linerat Strip Ball, right? Same goes for Guard on a blitzer if he's your designated hitter with Piling On.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2015 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we allowed to suggest external websites for rosters and player tactics?
 Jump to: