67 coaches online • Server time: 15:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Secret League zombie...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
muaddib68

Post 8 Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi , i'am on Fumbll since a year long ...and when i play i like to discuss with my adversary , said hello , be polite , wich land or country he come , and make some Fluffic things like write " waagh " when it 'is my turn to play or have a simple discussion with her ! Im a talkative coach , im gentle , maybe too much , and the coach who play against me have pleasure to play again !
But sometime ...the other Coach dont said a word , not hello , nothing , i know sometime you can be angry or have a hard work day , but.... Shocked ...recently i play 4 games without a word of my adversary ...i making a question / answer dialog to myself ...and when it was adv turn ...he just play .and it' all !!So my question is here !!

Where is the fun on the game when you dont ever speak , not a word , not Hello , nothing....!! What can i do when i play a game like this ; t??he last one was 15 minutes ago , and iwant just said to him HE GUY ? IT S NOT FUNNY FINISH YOUR GAME ALONE AND BYE ...but i dont do it..thx... Sad
The_Provocateur

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes the sound of silence is the most damning.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I've certainly been there & it's a shame. All you can do really is add the people who are really good opponents to your friend list. You can also subdivide your friends list into different categories...for other people Smile

Sometimes, you can't be sure though - perhaps it's a language barrier, or they have the problem with java where they can't see the text box on screen. Anyhow, keep on playing as there are plenty of fun coaches to play against on Fumbbl.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

"Silent Adversary" sounds like a great name for a metal band.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling wrote:

HAH Exclamation
I was thinking along the same lines.

But on topic. Yeah, sometimes you just get the silent ones. For me I seem to get them mostly in the Blackbox Div, but I agree w/ you I like to chat & get to know where my opponents are from n such. It really is a bore when the 'Silent Adversary' shows up though. Not much you can do besides make a funny converstation w/ yourself like I do Exclamation

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

muaddib68 wrote:
Hi , i'am on Fumbll since a year long ...and when i play i like to discuss with my adversary , said hello , be polite , wich land or country he come , and make some Fluffic things like write " waagh " when it 'is my turn to play or have a simple discussion with her ! Im a talkative coach , im gentle , maybe too much , and the coach who play against me have pleasure to play again !
But sometime ...the other Coach dont said a word , not hello , nothing , i know sometime you can be angry or have a hard work day , but.... Shocked ...recently i play 4 games without a word of my adversary ...i making a question / answer dialog to myself ...and when it was adv turn ...he just play .and it' all !!So my question is here !!

Where is the fun on the game when you dont ever speak , not a word , not Hello , nothing....!! What can i do when i play a game like this ; t??he last one was 15 minutes ago , and iwant just said to him HE GUY ? IT S NOT FUNNY FINISH YOUR GAME ALONE AND BYE ...but i dont do it..thx... Sad

Laughing Not all of us are silent. Some of us are chatty as hell.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
ahalfling wrote:

HAH Exclamation
I was thinking along the same lines.

But on topic. Yeah, sometimes you just get the silent ones. For me I seem to get them mostly in the Blackbox Div, but I agree w/ you I like to chat & get to know where my opponents are from n such. It really is a bore when the 'Silent Adversary' shows up though. Not much you can do besides make a funny converstation w/ yourself like I do Exclamation

+1
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Some coaches don't speak a word of English, just that simple.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Beerox

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

No excuse. Say something, anything. I'll look it up, not a problem. Part of the charm of the site.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Talking with your opponent definitely makes the game much more enjoyable, but I see two common reasons why people clam up during play.

1) They're taking the game too seriously, and usually this makes them extra somber during losses.

2) They enjoy the game in a different way than their opponent, and they feel like their opponent is 'rubbing it in.'

No judgments here, I'm guilty of both.
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of Charisma 7 nerds out here. Some of us lack the social skills to chat.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Lots of Charisma 7 nerds out here. Some of us lack the social skills to chat.

It's not a dump stat!
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Silent and slow are the worst kind of opponents. Takes all the joy out of the game.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer them to the whiners.

Still makes me question why they are playing though. If it's a language thing, just say something in it, and then it's clear to everyone.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2015 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Some coaches don't speak a word of English, just that simple.

And some coaches cannot use the chat box due to limitations of their computer.

When you arrange your games by IRC or PM they tell you that up front. Wink

Jump to: