31 coaches online • Server time: 12:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Phoenixon

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently in a game on Ranked with my dwarves... It's 1st half, turn 5, and I scored on my human opponent. Then he said he had to go, apologized, and then left the game, but he didn't concede...

What can I do?
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

in short, you can PM and ask to re-arrange for another time, then follow the instructions koadah posted above.

Or if you want you can get the game cancelled so your team can play again, personally I usually try and get the game finished where ever possible, but to each there own Smile

this place isn't like cyanide though, people that concede a lot do get a smack on the wrist because its no good for other peoples enjoyment; never finishing games.

To submit a ticket click this link and let the admin know what you would like to do.

They will get back to you as soon as they can - https://fumbbl.com/p/support

Do read the link Koadah posted though as it has more detail Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

In this case the other coach has only that one team... and it was his first game judging from his coach profile.

Is it safe for me to exit the Java client, or will that make me lose?
As I understand it, I won't be able to play another game with my team until he either responds to my PM and concedes properly, or 1 week has passed?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As per the site rules, he's done the correct thing, you shouldn't concede because you have to go.

Get used to using the help section. Usually the answers you need are there.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You can exit the client, the game is saved. He cannot play with that team until the issue has been resolved. You can request a cancellation or force him to finish. Let the staff know which you would prefer. As you can have 100 teams, I always advise that you force the coach to finish the game, as then coaches learn they can't just abandon games and get away with it.

We don't auto concede disconnections here as that is well.........crap and only useful for tantrum throwers. So as long as you make efforts to arrange a game, and if he doesn't get it finished, then after a week you can get an admin concession and the other coach will be sanctioned, usually anally.
Phoenixon

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, thanks. Smile I'll just exit the game for now and wait for him to respond to my PM. I'll give it a week, then support the ticket. I have other teams until then. Smile Thanks all! Thread lock <3
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you need to send a support ticket now. An admin will respond, and you have a pm open between you. You can then pm your opponent (on a different thread, some admins don't mind it being the same thread, but I didn't). And then after week of no play, add the same admin to that thread and reference him to your original conversation.

However in short, you should send a ticket now. That's when the 1 week starts.
Phoenixon

Post   Posted: Sep 28, 2015 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I see. Thanks, I'll do that then.
mdd31

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by mdd31 on %b %01, %2015 - %02:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

mdd31 wrote:
snip

[1] "support", as you term it, is volunteer labour, so they'll get to it when they have time. Patience is a virtue, and all that. That said, they are usually remarkable quick.

[2] Please do not name and shame in forums. If you have a complaint, submit a ticket. Naming and shaming is against site rules; something to remember for the future.

[3] Probably best to avoid swearing in forum posts, even as abbreviations. That too is against site rules, and some admin folk are less lenient than others.

[4] be aware than in Ranked division, it is illegal to play vs the same coach more than 1 game in 10. You've already broken that rule once, so best avoid doing so in the future.

[5] welcome to fumbbl.

Last edited by pythrr on %b %01, %2015 - %02:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
mdd31

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

forget it

good luck

Last edited by mdd31 on %b %01, %2015 - %02:%Oct; edited 2 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

mdd31 wrote:
Wow off to a great start. Someone who actually wants to play the game is quickly turned into the person who is the "problem". I seem to have violated multiple rules in one post yet I have two teams that are frozen because people quit when they are losing yet thats all good.

Awesome. I feel so welcome here.

I'm providing polite advice. You are new, so take the advice in the spirit in which it is given.

In what way did I make any comment at all about the behaviour of your opponents?

Welcome to the site.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

[4] be aware than in Ranked division, it is illegal to play vs the same coach more than 1 game in 10. You've already broken that rule once, so best avoid doing so in the future.

Is not that automatically solved with the introduction of the new gamefinder? I thought it filters all the opponents which I cannot play at this state?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2015 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
pythrr wrote:

Is not that automatically solved with the introduction of the new gamefinder? I thought it filters all the opponents which I cannot play at this state?

seems not, Dom, from the new player's games page.

Jump to: