28 coaches online • Server time: 08:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB 2 on PC: How do I...goto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My Blackbox skaven Fur and Fury are in XFL, we won our first round game and now have four skills to choose.

My MB Storm Vermin Shagrax rolled a double, I was planning to give him tackle but am tempted to take claw instead. No other Tackle on the team means i will most likely ignore the double and take Tackle to deal with opposing Gutters in XFL.

My move 10 Gutter Irsz rolled a double five so I could take any skill with him, leaning towards Guard.

My ag 6 Gutter Zulbag the Crooked rolled a normal skill, thinking of taking Sure Hands.

My other move 10 Gutter Kix the Sleek rolled a double which i am thinking of ignoring to take Sprint.

I rarely post skill picks but these are a little out of the ordinary and I don't coach Skaven much, so any advice welcome.
licker

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Crazy team man!

I can agree with tackle on the SV, only because its XFL, but... Claw is just so nice, hard to pass it up, just that he'll have almost no targets for it. Alternative is to go dodge or jump up if you really want the double, Horns can also be nice.

Doubles on the MA10 guys too! I guess sprint on one needs to happen, for the other I don't know. You could take tackle on one (it would be odd, but it's for this tournament) and have a really mobile guy to get the other teams Gutters with.

Sure hands on AG6 is a no brainer to me.
Angmarred

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

One push isn't so hard to get. Claw on a Stormie is hard to ignore. I'd go

Claw on the Blitzer. Ignoring it for Tackle just because you're facing Skaven the next few games seems wasteful.

Double on a move 10 screams Two Heads to me I think the OTS is easier with one push and easier dodges. And you can just take sprint next skill. Guard on the guy who already Blodges is ok but sort of wastes the m10.

A6 should take Leap before Sure Hands I think.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, now you've done in angmarred, licker is going to drop a War and Peace length treatise on Leap with Ag6

Wink
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think you can reasonably win the XFL with a Tackle player? Take Tackle. If not, take Claw.

Two Heads for the MA10 GRs, both of them. Only takes one push to put you in range.

Sure Hands for AG6 guy.

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2015 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for advice so far, I don't really consider taking Tackle on a Blitzer to be wasteful and he has more chances to roll doubles and get Claw later. I do think I have a half decent chance at this tourney with Tackle but I'm still reluctant to take it as I think Nuffle will punish me by killing the Blitzer next game!

I hadn't really thought about Two Heads making the dodges easier instead of Sprint for the one-turners. ONLY one push but you need to have most of a team to make that work or if opponent has 3 SS/SF or you might roll double both down. I might compromise and take one Two Heads on the Block Gutter and Sprint on the no skills Gutter.

Leap before Sure Hands doesn't work for me as it would only help in situations where he needs to dodge into three or more tackle zones or over a wall of opponents and I have a rr to burn.
Mossbeard

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we lost our very next game so i guess i overestimated my luck and coaching abilities.

I now wish i had taken Claw on the Blitzer as he did 11 blocks and caused no damage whatsoever(maybe a stun).

I also wish i had ignored the double and taken Sprint for one of the one turners as my only chance for a 1TTD was taken away by Perfect D.

One of the one turner rats was crippled and had to be cut from the team, the other one will be getting Sprint if he makes it to his next skill.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2015 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Two heads was the right choice, and claw doesn't help on av7 anyway.

Sorry you lost your game, man. I watched a good part of it, and can say it's not the skill choices that got you.

Better luck next time!
 Jump to: