67 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So after years of playing BB and getting sick of folks who have the game well in hand fouling and trying to cripple my team, I quit. Then I came back, then I quit, then I came back, lol, just love the game too much.

So I have 2 questions.

1. Anybody figure out a way to get over it basically? I know it's just a mental thing, but the fun teams get crippled really fast, and even though I like Dwarfs, the same thing happens to them at higher TVs.

2. Whats the team to play if your basic goal is just to murder the other team? I mean, if you can't beat them, join them? Maybe that's how i should have been playing all along?
Naru1981

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Mass Claw PO MB.
so nurgle, CD, Chaos.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think probably the best thing is to just not let is bother you. If your team gets decimated, it is really easy to build another one and try again.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

"Can't beat them, join" them is the worse philosophy in my opinion. We were born with a backbone, so let's use it. Even if you're wrong, as long as you believe you're right stick to your principles.

Fouling isn't that big now, we have other issues. The more you play, the less player loss concerns you as you've had better before. Also play in a division where you can choose not to play coaches that play in a way you dislike.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Not much experience with CD, who can get mutations for them?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

[possibility 1] they are just mens. take more joy in the winning, and not in the mens protecting. they are there to sacrifice themselves to win you games.

[possibility 2] the career of your team is a story. the defeats and the massacres are just as interesting as the victories. tell the story of yr team in yr team bio, and you will ride out the bad games better.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
[possibility 1] they are just mens. take more joy in the winning, and not in the mens protecting. they are there to sacrifice themselves to win you games.

[possibility 2] the career of your team is a story. the defeats and the massacres are just as interesting as the victories. tell the story of yr team in yr team bio, and you will ride out the bad games better.

I don't think you're allowed to say this until you've either retired the Lammer Heretics or given me Bog the Frog. (We're getting a BB2 style market place too right?) Very Happy

Although, those are all good suggestions. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Everytime i lose a player i like, i think of how awesome his successor will be...

Also, yeah, they're a team. Players die, the team lives on.

Also, playing them in tournament makes their lives count more imo. Died in a major, good! Died in a common game? mah... Died in a smack/brawl/etc... fine. Did he win something during his life? Do other coaches got to know him because of how amazing he is?

A player's lifespan is limited. Everyone dies in the end. Make the best use of that time!
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Anybody got any links to help with Wood Elves, Skaven, Undead and Chaos Dwarf? Those are my favorite teams based on fluff, so I think I will stick with those and try and learn how to win with them.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 03:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If losing players gets you that upset and turned off from the game, I would suggest sticking with new(ish) teams and playing the game like that, which can be great in its own right. If your desire to play the game stems from the prospect of creating juggernaught teams, then I guess you'll be at an impass.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It isn't the losing of the players, that happens even when you fail dodges. It's that I run into guys constantly, where their entire plan is to cripple my team permanently. Even after they are ahead by a few touchdowns late in the 2nd half, they foul, and do whatever they can to inflict more casualties...that's just not super fun.

Besides all that though, any links to threads where I can find some tips for the above teams?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Help section.
Primarch

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Primarch wrote:
It isn't the losing of the players, that happens even when you fail dodges. It's that I run into guys constantly, where their entire plan is to cripple my team permanently. Even after they are ahead by a few touchdowns late in the 2nd half, they foul, and do whatever they can to inflict more casualties...that's just not super fun.

Besides all that though, any links to threads where I can find some tips for the above teams?

well, play in Ranked or League then, and refuse to play vs. such opponents.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2015 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

league in general tends to be a better atmosphere

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
 Jump to: