70 coaches online • Server time: 20:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I was just wondering if there's any teams/leagues/situations where the boosts from a higher fan factor than 0 are worth it.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2016 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rookie team tournament, if you've got a team with low cost positionals and you can take a bit of FF without nuking your roster, getting +2 on FAME and the right KO result can win a game.

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I think if you have 20k left over for fanfactor on a resurrection/rookie tournament a cheerleader and an assistant coach is better. I have even used them in the Box. I haven't done the maths but clearly you may have one or two more fanfactor than an opponent and still lose the 2 dice fame roll. At least assistant coach and cheerleader add to some kickoff result rolls.
For any kind of long open play or long league having starting fanfactor is generally wasted tv overall compared to the benefits. Though you never know, it could lead to a player dead on a thrown rock at some point..

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to be sure to win any ff roll you can buy a high fanfactor(9) and one cheerleader and assistance coach. The benefit: you win all ff rolls and you'll be getting all rr from kickoff results, but the costs are high, you loose players worth 110k (more then 2 human linemen) and the high fanfactor won't be that important anymore when teams develop. Short term positive effect: with fame +1 or even +2, you'll get more money per game.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally, no. But, if you do want to spend that cash, it's worth bearing in mind that coaches and cheerleaders might get you a rr from a kick-off result, while FF will help to get you FAME, which will help with pitch invasions and rocks. So which would you rather have?

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 01:30 Reply with quote Back to top

FAME! i want to live for ever!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to take FF before, even +9 ff, sometimes it was awesome, can win you a couple of early matches, and chances to get more cash winnings.

However, I don't think its worth it anymore, after a while your team is a little bloated with that FF, why play up +90tv for example? and even more if you got +FF post match. Right now FF is "tax" for success, no point in paying more tax than necessary, would only recommend it if you plan to play less than 15 matches.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

I want to learn how to fly...

... high.
xyon

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Fame used to be more important in lrb4 than it is now in CRP/lrb5, because the ammount of winnings available is no longer determined by the number of fans who show up, just the relative ammount of winnings compared to your opponent.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I ran some numbers to see how it affected cash flow; if I did the math right,
if you have 2 fan factor, and your opponent has 0, your expected earnings from the match go up by 3.2k; i.e. you've a touch under a 1/3 chance to get an extra 10k, as a result of getting more FAME. Those are of course the same odds of getting extra FAME.
Critical_Code

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
pythrr wrote:

I want to learn how to fly...

... high.

I like this post.

You could even say...

I feel it coming together.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Zlefin,

Look. You ain't seen the best advice yet. Allow me to explain, and I'll make you forget the rest.

You've got more in you, and can set it free. You can have the fans in the palm of your hand.

Don't you know what you need?

Fame.

Cue to pytthr, Jeffro, and CC.

Nuffle will see you and cry.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2016 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In a League situation where everyone starts from 100TV, having say a FF of 4 can mean you get +1/+2 fame most of the time, as most opponents will start witth FF 0,and you will generally stay ahead of them. Since each point of fame is 10k winnings, you quickly earn the money back. Also having +1 fame in a game is probably worth about 40 TV, guven the kick off rolls it affects.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: