27 coaches online • Server time: 09:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If you cause a ball to scatter onto one of your own players (during your own turn) and they drop it, does that cause a turnover?

I had always played that it did cause a turnover but on fumbbl it doesn't.

Just thought I'd check.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

not if the ball came free because of a block or the like

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

No it's not. By the rules.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Failing a pick-up roll is a turnover. Failing to catch a scattered ball after e.g. blocking the ball-handler does not cause a turnover.

Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Turnovers are suffered (with the ball involved) on:

- failed pick ups
- fumbles while throwing
- failing to catch the ball after throwing or handing off with ANY of your players

as the ball scattered to you it was not a pass that moved the ball to you, so you cannot suffer a turnover.

If it was I would suggest, that on a quick snap, you NEVER put a player under the ball Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Me slaps danielcollins around a bit with the LRB

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:

- failed pick ups
- fumbles while throwing
- failing to catch the ball after throwing or handing off with ANY of your players

as the ball scattered to you it was not a pass that moved the ball to you, so you cannot suffer a turnover.

If it was I would suggest, that on a quick snap, you NEVER put a player under the ball Very Happy

Failing a Catch roll is NEVER in and of itself a cause for a turnover!

If you pass the ball (or hand off, etc) there is no turnover unless the ball does not end up in the possession of a player on your team. Note that several players could attempt to catch it and fail..but as long as one of your players ends up with the ball, there is no turn over..heck, the ball could even bounce into the crowd and get thrown back onto the field to an empty square, but bounce back to one of your players who catches it..and no turnover.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

GorTeX wrote:
Sinner wrote:

- failed pick ups
- fumbles while throwing

Failing a Catch roll is NEVER in and of itself a cause for a turnover!

If you pass the ball (or hand off, etc) there is no turnover unless the ball does not end up in the possession of a player on your team. Note that several players could attempt to catch it and fail..but as long as one of your players ends up with the ball, there is no turn over..heck, the ball could even bounce into the crowd and get thrown back onto the field to an empty square, but bounce back to one of your players who catches it..and no turnover.

I wrote: "failing to catch the ball after throwing or handing off with ANY of your players"

Note the ANY of your players. Which means the ball ends up on the ground or in the opponents possesion it's a turnover

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2005 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Been there, done just that...

Jump to: