37 coaches online • Server time: 10:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sorni

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently returned to the fummbl world after a medium-length self-imposed break.

And GAWD, how people have morphed into the worst sissies! I spend hours looking for games, and no-one is willing to take the slightest risk anymore.

Offering games at equal TR/TS no longer seems to be enough. It's always "no thx, but would you like to play your elves vs. my 5 MB orc team?"

So, just wanted to say - glad to be back, and Hello Ladies!!

EDIT: Spelling.

Last edited by Sorni on %b %25, %2005 - %09:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Lazarous

Post 8 Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey!

What do you mean, "ladies"? There are not in my experience many ladies around, and even if it is so there is no need whatsoever to be a sexist about it.

I would rather say "Hello Ladies!, I wish there were more of you at fumbbl!".
danielcollins

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

wow...what an ugly bunch of women (no offense to actual women who play on fumbbl, especially good looking ones, who I really like) Smile

EDIT: OOps forgot I was married. Embarassed Girls, hold off the PMs please to conserve bandwidth!
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he meant "ladies" as in people-who-don't-accept-challenges-at-equal-TR/TS-rating=sissies=ladies.
By using the greeting "Hello Ladies" even though we all know that there aren't many individuals of the female persuasion here on Fumbbl he insinuates, that we're all "ladies" in the understanding of the word described above.

There's still no reason to be sexist though - not all ladies are sissies... Wink
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Relating to a lengthy chat in the irc server, i think Sorni is right.
Fumbblers tend to cling to there teams more so than reality.
If ranked had a challenge system maybe it would stop the cherry pickers that hate losing players...
Then the cherry pickers could move to [U] were there are no rankings/gains for there cp'ing

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Then ranked would become a cherry pickers league full of Dwarf/CD/Khemri etc teams challenging elves with several mng every other game... no thanks. Bashy teams should be challenging UP, not playing teams of equal STR when the formula strongly undervalues their players.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Who are you to judge how others choose to play the game and what aspects they take joy in. The inherent nature of R is that you can FREELY choose whom you want to play.

I don't go name calling if all your R teams are bashers and load up on all the killing skills, but I'm not going to play them either.

If you want to play real BB play in leagues. R is so far from real BB that its not comparable and it tells nothing about who are the best coaches in a real competition.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
R is so far from real BB that its not comparable and it tells nothing about who are the best coaches in a real competition.

I agree. R tournaments should settle that. Preferably on 3 levels IMO; TR100 teams, TR150 teams and TR 200+ teams.

Just my 2 cts.

Peace, happy gaming and intense puking on Nuffle.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with jinxed and i am really looking forward to seewho wins the royal rookie rumbles. As it should be a indication of who is the better coach and not just who is the better cherry picker
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

how about using gamefinder? within minutes i normally get a few offers (and arrange to play those i can't play immediately)... however, i normally get offers from bashy teams and people with at least 10pts CR higher than me...

trust me, its very educational!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Lazarous

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not surprised though there are a lot of "cherry pickers" around. Which one of us do honestly like losing players i our teams?`

It is a bit off track here, but I think that in the long run so called bashers are the better teams due to their ability to hurt while not get hurt. They are not at all funnier, but do better in the long run...

The agility skills are good, but take valuable time to build up - but are fast lost. This is maybe even more evident in different types of tournaments, in my humble opinion.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lazarous wrote:
I am not surprised though there are a lot of "cherry pickers" around. Which one of us do honestly like losing players i our teams?`

err i quite do. i love bloody games and i cheer just as loud when my star dies as yours. oh and my teams will play just about anyone thats fun these days. seriously... someone play my zombies Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure why the R is so friggin important anyhow. The only reason I'm in it is because it's so hard to get U games. Maybe it's because I'm not a good enough coach, but I'm not getting on the coach ranking list any time soon so I don't care. I do care about playing fair games, so I don't let myself get cherry picked unless I'm in the mood for it, or if I'm playing an E.L.F. game.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
Not sure why the R is so friggin important anyhow. The only reason I'm in it is because it's so hard to get U games. Maybe it's because I'm not a good enough coach, but I'm not getting on the coach ranking list any time soon so I don't care. I do care about playing fair games, so I don't let myself get cherry picked.

Amen, brother!

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2005 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

mstrchef13 wrote:
Not sure why the R is so friggin important anyhow. The only reason I'm in it is because it's so hard to get U games...

And just because I can never let such an opportunity go...

Get out and start playing some open U games!

All it takes is critical mass. It sounds painfully obvious, but the more people look for U games, then the more U games you'll find. The more U games you play, the more U games there will be. The more U games there are, the easier it will be to find U games. See where this is going?

Hate ageing? No problem! Never age again! Just play DivX!

What? You say no one plays divX? Well, look up a paragraph or two and see if you can apply that lesson to divX. Here's a hint... change the U to an X and read it out loud.

If people spent their time actually playing in U, X and L rather than complaining about R, then we wouldn't even have this problem.

{ edited for bad grammar and clarity's sake }

Jump to: