30 coaches online • Server time: 10:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

open for discuss
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Rule 1: Every team is allowed but no stars and no wizards.

Is this a point we can discuss about?

All U teams are allowed, but why no stars? Or wizards? Some teams might be scared by the pact teams in the league, and stars or wizards might help to even the odds. Imagine a nice fireball against a Khemri team.
Or some stunty teams might even start to enter the group with stars and wizards allowed.

It is not that any of my teams ever missed this possibilty, so it is not a major concern for me. (but it could make me start a halfling team... *gg*)

----------------------

There are 21 teams right now above 175 TR, with a range from 176 to 231. I did not check it, but the play-offs could even raise these numbers.
Would it be wise, to not only play 176+, but 176 - 200 and 201+ in the next season?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Guvnor here is a new version of the same post, written in english (and not frenshglish):

Great changes upcoming in Noob’s league.

I got pretty upset by the way this season has gone. I must even admit that I involved myself less in this tournament (e.g. Redline rule less enforced than in season 2). I send excuses for that but as I said I have every intention to get the tournament to a new level.

Also here are some thoughts about what the league is supposed to be (after all, I could simply sack some players and make it a closer group):

1) I wish noobs league to be big
2) I wish noobs league to be not to close and I want to work on regular recruitment basis
But
3) the new recruitment system doesn’t bring fresh coaches just before the start of a tournament and some of them already have lost the taste to play in it when the new season starts
4) forums aren’t read by many coaches and recruitment by that method doesn’t work especially well
5) I don’t want to have to replace the third of the coaches at a start and during a season

So that’s what I thought of:

1- Name should be changed: okay I always found it funny to be able to say: I'm the best noob around but noob’s league really doesn’t help to recruit: I always have to explain myself and tell “no it’s not for noobs”. So I propose to change the name to NL Raised from The Ashes. I wanna somehow keep a link to the old name (NL) and give the feeling that it has changed or been renewed.
2- I just found myself to be more inclined towards "fluff tournaments" than just “play the game” ones. So I will try to add some fluff to the tournament. Purely optional, I think that it will be a great improvement.
3- To overcome the flaws written above I have come up with the following format:

Overall group points are kept. They are a basis to see which team is legendary or which is newer.
Every month starts a tournament with fluff rules set and TR limitation. They always start at the beginning of month so that the whole group continue to live through the -redline 10th/ deadline 15th; redline 25th/ deadline end of month- rhythm.

A tournament can be longer than a month meaning that players have to make choices. The tournaments are posted 3 months ahead so if you wanna play the elven cup in month 2, you had better not subscribe to the ork tournament in month one.

Good point in that is that you have to subscribe. This means that I automatically have made a selection between guys that want to play and guys that do not want to –fake applications for example-.

Now for some rough templates for the tournaments to come:

-Altdorf Classical KO cups: KO tournaments with TR range 0-125; 125-150; 151-175; 176+
-Chaos leagues: round robin; divided in minor league (TR0-150) and Major (151+): set by the gods, chaos leagues are brutal leagues were points are given 3/1/0 and every death adds 2pts.
-elven cup:KO cup with no TR cap that is only open to elves and humans (means Human-Zons-Norse)
-Bretonian league: TR 0-130, TR 130-160; TR160-200and 201+: playing in the bretonian league requires the sense of honour. No team with DP are allowed. No fouls are authorized. Crowd pushes, even 'accidental' (it wasn't me!) ones have to be avoided.
-Norse Beserker league: 3/1/0. You get an extra point every game you win in a streak.
-Middenheim Challenge cup: 3/1/0: every challenges (used in NL2 and NL3) adds 2points.
- Athel Loren’s tournament: 6/2/0 +1pt per TD
- Orkish leagues: 6/2/0 +1 per cas.
- Lustrians Antique tournament: set as an Open round robin. In fact matches are set randomly. Team with the worst result is taken out until only one is left (the winner).
-Estalian classicals: Open round robin (in theory). In fact the last picks an opponent from his remaining games. Then does the next worst coach does and so on.
-Graveyard Cup: open to undead teams only
-Middenheim humans cup: open to humans only
-Naggarond’s Good vs Evil: An equal number of teams will constitute the Good side and the Evil side and they will battle to prove the supremacy of Light or Darkness.
-Stunty reversal tournament: Similar to the one from NL 2
-Skavenian 1 on 1 cup (with special rules to handle the one on one fact)

and so on….

You could even propose your own.

Here the link to discuss of it. Good idea? Bad one?
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=78722#78722

ps: thanks to Tyrant for the idea of fluff tournament per Grudge league that I took for myself in a slightly different manner Wink

Last edited by sk8bcn on %b %31, %2005 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Weve had rather alot of annoying drops this season, is this season still running? I havent seen an opponent for my dwarfs for a few weeks now. I applaude our GM for trying to make the tournament moore apealing to the crowd, hope it works. The Fluff part i like. Very much!

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks very interesting but I think it will be a lot of work to organise and keep track of this.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

to Arcon:

Wizard and stars forbidden: I did forget to delete this. Consider it as a mistake. Will be fixed this evening.

at BB-Pad: will be some job yes. But it will be some enjoyable job. You take time to create great summaries in UMT. I will in creating good fluffy tournaments in NL.

at Sergei: hope it will work. Sorry that guys dropped out. so much. I made several replacements and it was not enough. I don't feel like continuing to try and try again so late in the season. I'll finish this one anyway and will still start playoffs in respect for playing coaches. If you fellt in a low playing group I apologize. I tried to put replament in groups to compensate the ones wich several drop outs but I had to replace first the teams that were retired or these who quitted without telling me that they were going to quit.

Now it's another good and reliable coach that has to go because of job. :/ Good luck Cloggy in your new job.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

kewl...

unfortunately i have summer hols, so i won't be around to play much till late august to the beginning of september again, so this gives me the flexibility to subscribe later Smile sweet Smile

when i come back, i'll do some work on the fluff, and try to provide a bi-weekly fluffy update on all the groups... will take watching a few replays in the process!

to sergei: i have completed all my matches, one opponent dropped out, so i played 4/5 total... depends on your group i suppose... good luck next season Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Snowball : Thx
sk8bcn : I know you have had alot to do with those lazy bums that wouldnt play their games, np, it happends.
Btw, about the starplayers and wizards, i think it should be allowed. To give stunties a chance, and the cheezy Pact-teams a tweaking. I mean, a Old World team jan have almost all of my players, plus wardancer, humans, Ogres and a Treeman!

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

by Ebenezer

Hi mate Smile
first of all IMO there is one thing that must be said: in Fumbbl, you have 2 choices:

1) a big tournement with a lot of forfeits
2) a small tournement with a little forfeits

these 2 points are proven, I have played at least 20 tournements in 1 year... and it's always the same.

If you want (as you say in point 1) a big noob's league, you have to acccept my point 1 (and you see that in our current edition), neverthless you can count for the refoundation on people playing from the first edition (like me... I think I can't imagine an edition of NL w/out at least 1 of my teams Smile ).

About your proposals, I think that they are good, but needs a GREAT effort by you, it's not easy sort every team by ts, make a tournement, upload results for the teams records and so on, remember that for every person, will be at least 2 teams.
One idea (based on my experience): I've noticed that tournements played on regular day (for example.... thursday from 20.00 to 22.00) are more reliable and the games are played (well... almost)... so I think that making some tournements "regular events" is good.

Bye Smile
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Star and wizards are allowed.

Question: Should I forbid any new applying pact team. I never saw one beeing really good, don't know why (maybe BG without block?). I don't see it as necessary but it's open to discuss.

know the answer to Ebenezer: I've been in many tournaments myself too and you are right in general:

Have a reliable group then select your players and keep it small. Bigger the group and you'll suffer forfeits (thing I could restrain in season 2 by replacing players, and that I couldn't in season 3 because there was too many!).

But here you have to subscribe to the next tournament. It means that at least you have to pm to say: I'll play. With redline I discovered that forfeiters aren't even able to pm. I guarentee that this system will limit the drop outs.

Plus, it give a pool of replacement teams in the group. I have great hopes in that.
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn, great ideas!
Seems I have been too quick with my first post, but I accidently encountered this thread before the group pm.

I have planned myself to play in less tourneys and focus on NL (if I have time, play R or S instead), so I am willing to help and start some of the tourneys, so that you still have some real life next to managing this group.

When reading your pm, I thought, that this might be a good chance to have some stable like tourneys as well. The stable league depends on reliable coaches much more than every other tourney. So, if I delete Stable as a group and offer stable short tourney in NL, that could work. Of course, it would be more chaotic since there will be no stable team names, but that still should work.

As you know, I have my exam in June, but after that I am willing to help you make NL even greater.

And for teams: Allow all U- teams or only LRB compliant, but nothing in between.
Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah a stable idea could be great also. I ve thought on it but did not want to steal that from your league Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you have some nice ideas to make the league big and more attractive. I think that you should change the name, but I don't have other good ideas.

I hope for a good next season.

greets
harley-topper
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I did not went through all this again...

Will the teams keep their scores from NL 2 and 3? Or will they start a 0?

I hope they will keep them. Besides I do not know a reason why they shouldn´t.
Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

of course they keep their points from season 1, 2 and 3. After all they are here for long so they stepped into NL history!
 Jump to: