26 coaches online • Server time: 08:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate losing. And still, I do it all the time.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well stop it then!! Smile
Smess

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing is part of the game.

As much part of the game as skills like claw,DP, RSC, mighty blow and teams like khemri, ogre and pact.

Still somehow, there are people scared of these parts of the game, including people who are scared to lose.
They miss out on a lot of fun imo, even getting beaten up or losing can be fun you know
Arcon

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you donĀ“t stop loosing before we meet in the Fumbbl Cup qualifier (hope we will) though!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Bald-boy

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2005 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

play me and you wont Razz
Johnlouis

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care about losing, just as long as my team performs in a sufficiently comedic manner to entertain me. Smile
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who hates losing lots, i can safely say that(i lead a very unhappy life) I dont mind losing when my team performs averagely, or when my opponent does something cunning, but those games where you know youd have been best staying at home for, the rerolled failed GFI on the line, or the triple skulls o' cypherdeath, those games wind me up Smile

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good subject for a poll thread: "Losing, part of the game?"

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

When I lose, I sometimes want to destroy something. It makes me feel better. Maybe a dish, or a cd, or my girlfriends hopes of getting married. As long as others feel pain when I do, I seem to feel better in the end. I hate losing to coaches that don't deserve to win. I myself have been one of them. Everyone has won a game they never should have. If you won all the time what fun would that be? Really?.....Who am I kidding...I'd love to beat everyone all the time.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:
Losing is part of the game.

As much part of the game as skills like claw,DP, RSC, mighty blow and teams like khemri, ogre and pact.

Still somehow, there are people scared of these parts of the game, including people who are scared to lose.
They miss out on a lot of fun imo, even getting beaten up or losing can be fun you know

Pact teams are not part of the game.

the skills you name are _part_ of the game. some people tend to forget there are other parts.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When I lose because of the opponent outplaying me I find these are easily the most enjoyable matches I ever have, and apart from the enjoyment of a great challenging match there's also the opportunity to learn from my opponent's better play and apply it to my own game...

Unfortunately this seems to be a very rare occurence on FUMBBL and nearly every match I lose I far outplay my opponent and there's nothing to learn from my defeat except to not play this very lucky weak coach again. Still .. I wouldn't say I hate losing when I outplay my opponent, sure .. there are better things I'd rather do with an hour of my time than getting beaten by dice but that's the nature of the beast.
Freezerator

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing sucks worse than.... i dunno.... something that really sucks. But it always makes me happy when i lose and gat tons of money for it or give the guy somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 si's to deaths. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Pirrekurr

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Junker wrote:

Unfortunately this seems to be a very rare occurence on FUMBBL and nearly every match I lose I far outplay my opponent and there's nothing to learn from my defeat except to not play this very lucky weak coach again.

You learn humility and that we are all just small pawns in the greater scheme of Nuffle maybe?? Wink
slanter

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2005 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Junker:
If you think you've figured out everything in this game then why do you play it?
When you have the perfect strats BB just becomes an uninteresting rolling of dice to decide the winner.
If you really know how to win with ANY race against ANY coach then I'd recommend playing chess instead.

Btw you should really start playing against coaches with +140 CR before stating something like that Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, some of us low CR coaches are fun to play against as well (and surprisingly good at the game). Wink