51 coaches online • Server time: 15:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the GLN be revived?
Yes!
74%
 74%  [ 68 ]
No!
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Madagascar!
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
I was never around when the GLN was out....
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 91

DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

As some of you may recall.. the Grotty Little Newspaper (Or GLN for short) was an awesome effort made by Cusi to enhance the bloodbowl experience even more... When Cusi passed away (god rest his soul) This piece of fumbbl Heritage became lost.

I for one would love for it to be found once more. Isn't there anybody brave (or foolish) enough to pick up the ruins and rebuild the GLN? I'm not an able editor, nor do i have the computer to do so (not a lot of room left after installing windows and fumbbl (seriously).

This is a cry for help. somebody HAS to remember, and love the old GLN... Who can revive it?

You can read the previous issues by clicking the GLN link in your main page... I highly reccomend reading it!

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my ultimatum.

If, on the 13th of September, there is no GLN editor, I will take up the gauntlet myself. (And I'll bully Candlejack into being my slave! er... helper!)

At worst, I can only fail to publish, right?

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the GLN should definitly be revived! It is an amazing idea and should be, in my opinion, a major part of the fumbbl community!

Anything that can add to the depth and history of the site is a good thing in my book! Hope something comes of this forum topic!

Oh and Good luck Mez if you become editor, I would love to be of help if possible

Mr_Wiz
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If the GLN will be back, I have one wish. Please make it in a printable/downloadable pdf-file.
Sure, the webversion is cool, but being able to print the pages for nighttime literature would be great.

Good luck, anyone brave enough to pick up the gauntlet.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir tam tam tam
Mezir tam tam tam
Mezir tam tam tam

Meeeezzzziiiirrrrr, Meeeezzzziiiirrrrrrrrr

Mezir for president

stupid french song but really approriate:
Il est vraiment, il est vraiment, il est vraiment phénoménalalalalalaala...

go on Mezir!!

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You're a brave man, Mez.

Presuming no-one else volunteers, might I make one suggestion? The organisation of the GLN, even a PDF version, needs to be as devolved as possible - I think BP cracked under the strain of having to pull the whole thing together. Get lots of people to do a little, rather than a few to carry the thing. I'll always offer my editing skills, but will be getting very busy shortly.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, 33 "yes" votes already. Plenty of volunteers so it would seem.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure I will regret saying that but... Mezir can I help you in any way?

Laughing
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
The organisation of the GLN, even a PDF version, needs to be as devolved as possible. Get lots of people to do a little, rather than a few to carry the thing.

I was pretty involved with Cusi and the GLN "back in the day". I know how he did it and what he did, being a contributor myself.

All help is welcome, none is mandatory. If you want to write something, all it takes is to state your intention to do so. The ideal case is that you never even stated your intent, but just drop an article in my lap (or that of someone else who decides to pick it up, but this is something I want to do). I don't think any submissions will be turned down (obviously this does not go down to something written so badly as to be unreadable - I have some pride...).

If you do state your intent to write something, expect to be mercilessly badgered in the week leading up to the publication deadline. I don't think BunnyPuncher harassed people enough. People should be confronted with "how is your article going" on a daily basis, until they either say that it's finished, or to stop asking them because it will never be finished. From the inherent laziness of the internet creature, this is the only way to get anything done. Smile

It's also important not to want too much, too fast. A PDF publication is nice, but is low priority. Getting one done in the current site format is good enough for a start (I know enough html and CSS to be able to handle that). Converting that into a PDF document would then be the next step.

All this been said, I have some partial differential calculus awaiting my attention...

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if i get a hand on a copy of indesign i might just be able to do the pdf thingie, shouldnt be too difficult either.
Jimmy

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You want any art, to the GLN, then perhaps i can be of some assist, i would love being a part of GLN
Mezir

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimmy wrote:
You want any art, to the GLN, then perhaps i can be of some assist, i would love being a part of GLN

Art is on the "Highly Wanted" list. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll contribute..naturally. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2005 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I contribute to the GLN with an aricle about Bunny's Blog?

Jump to: