63 coaches online • Server time: 20:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Furious_George

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

In an entirely non eiderdown sense, does anyone else enjoy going for the fluffy team approach of taking one team, perhaps not a particularly strong one ( i draw your attention to the no mummy khemri team http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=201933 ) and playing them whilst writing up bio and match reports n stuff. Im finding it greatly increases my enjoyment of playing with the team, theyve only played 8 games granted, but theyre coming along nicely, and even though theyre completely inept, i enjoy watching them fail as much as watching my skaven team run rings around norse. Im just curious to see what other people have done with their teams, mine are heading in a sort of storylike way, anyone else got a team with a story?
pac

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of coaches (most?) do this a bit. The picking underpowered teams part, at least. I have an all-Zombie team who play a passing game - and who have been within one GFI of scoring! I've seen lots of other Zombie teams (I think there's an all-Zombie tournament group), Hobgoblin teams, there's a Treeman team (three of them; no other players). And more besides.

As for writing up every match report: I haven't seen so much of that. (Too much like hard work Wink.) I have just started a Skaven team with no Gutters - whose long and meaningless back-story will get longer and more meaningless with every game they play - if that's the kind of thing you're looking for …

Edit: Like your match reports: "In a first half that had everything (which in khemri terms means a cage) …" - lol

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a team can be fluffy without being underpowered per se. I like seeing coaches who take the time to get custom pics for thier team. I spent the extra thirty minutes to do it for my Frogs and most of my opponents have loved it. It also tends to trun the games more light hearted which can only be a good thing.

Also, if you are trying to build a long run team, then it can be very good for development to skip on certain players. I know skaven are the greatest example of this. Just take linos and SV and after about ten games you should have a solid core for a team. Gutters are easy to skill and hog SPPs anyway. Add the GRs then and you have a monster team! Same with undead too (although winning with zombies is tough... right nighteye!).

As for coaches and match reports.... look at Chainsaw! There is a guy who everyone should play for two reasons.....

1.) he is a fun opponent and takes the game as it should be taken.

2.) you get a novel of a match report afterward!

Peace,
__Synn
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'm going to make it a habit of responding to "look at my fluffy team" with a recommendation of somebody else's fluffy team. I tend to find that people like to boast about their own teams (even when they aren't boastworthy). I find it much more informative when people recommend someone else's teams.

And without further ado, this is one hell of a fluffy team:
Khorne's Tyrannous Titans to fully appreciate it, I'd suggest that you check out its yearbook

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Become a Republican in 10 Easy Steps

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Point taken, although my reason for posting initially was to see what others had done with respect to improving my own, as opposed to a boast.

"Hugh Mann eh? Now theres a name I can trust!"
Me Loves Futurama
Sgt_Colon

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I started a thread along similar lines to this... Check it out if you want to see some interesting teams...link.

Sgt.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity's flings are a good example of flufy team, and it isn't only that he's my Master Smile, but that Buffy is a fine TV serie.
jagtai

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Far from me to boast ( Laughing ), but I actually prefer to make custom pics for all my players. Adds character.

So far there's no background story for any of them, but when I've played 10-15 games with each, I'm sure a story have emerged for each team Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I love to make up bios´ and write match reports. It makes the teams and the games played much more personal and enjoyable.

Feel free to tjeck out me feeble efforts Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Might I also suggest this forum topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I work on a whole league with fluff fleshed around the tournaments. That's maybe a real good setting to develop a fluff team

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
I work on a whole league with fluff fleshed around the tournaments. That's maybe a real good setting to develop a fluff team

sounds interesting, would be in...

here´s my actual orc team... fluff is still in development
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=209035
but i like the skull pictures Cool
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work firesky!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. I'm the king of fluff. Wink Check out Team Chainsaw for proof, tho my other teams are fairly well done too.

Jump to: