85 coaches online • Server time: 22:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the first round is underway, good luck everybody!

My Altdorf Furies are looking forward to their game against the Huffersdield Giants. If the Giants play anything like their RL counterparts i'm in for an easy ride!

Razz

Edit: My mistake!

Last edited by lamby16 on %b %14, %2005 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
solahma

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

That's Huffersdield Giants but unfortunatly yes we do play just like a certain real life team with a similar name Very Happy

solahma

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Altdorf Furies 3 - 1 Huffersdield Giants
A really fun game played with good spirit not the best of starts for the Giants but at least it can only get better roll on the next round Very Happy

lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

solahma wrote:
Altdorf Furies 3 - 1 Huffersdield Giants
A really fun game played with good spirit not the best of starts for the Giants but at least it can only get better roll on the next round Very Happy

A pretty good game between two good teams - despite some miraculous dodging from the Huffersdield Throwers, the game was pretty much one-sided. Conrad "Quick Hands" Langley is looking an early candidate for the Man of Iron Award - with 2 TD's and an MVP in his first game.

Bring on the Human Targets!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well the chargers have played their first game, losing bravely against terminatio infinitus 2-1. the game probably turned on my catcher not taking a risk next to the endzone, mistakenly believing he was safe there. hah!

still, special mention must go to han the ogre (2 RIP's on the same poor lineman), who didn't fail a bone head roll until the last turn of the game(he must have been paying extra attention this week. still, onward to the playoffs!
Meetgrinder

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I replied with a match report on the game, but special mention must go, I feel, to both coaches for fair play. No one went mad to crowdsurf anyone else, and fouling seemed alien to the fast flowing nature of the game.

With luck like that the Chargers may not have won, but certainly learnt more from the match (more SPP) than the unfortunate Terminatio team, who are even now scouting for a new player!
fosthefish

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

im scouting for someone to keep my ogre as smart as possible!
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Skywalkers are ready for the Dark Denazons... although they are a bit nervous before their first match. Let´s get ready to ruuuuuumbleee.
lamby16

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Firesky wrote:
The Skywalkers are ready for the Dark Denazons... although they are a bit nervous before their first match. Let´s get ready to ruuuuuumbleee.

Well Firesky, there was no need to be nervous about that match! suffering 3 injuries in the first half, (1BH 1Si and 1 RIP) the Denazons were on the back foot from the start. A brilliant play put them 1-0 up, but the lack of numbers allowed the Skywalkers to equalize. In the second half some dreadful ball handling skills by the skywalkers cost them the win, but it was a very close match, played well by both teams

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The Skywalkers 1 Dark Denazons 1

A close battle, with a fine breakaway touch down to put the Denazons up 1, Skywalkers levelled the playing field somewhat flattening 3 men, one died on the way to the Red Cross Aid Cart after the Team Apothecary Gondalf "the Dumb" electricuted him rather than resurrecting him, he has now been fired and replaced, the New team Apothecary is David Blunkett, he must be better he even has a little black dog familiar.

Following the loss of Fabulous Freddy it was a simple matter of breaking the defensive line down to score the equalizer.

In the last moments of the game Human Catcher for the Denazons Grand Master Flash suffered a terrential nos bleed, thought to be sabotage by an opposing grey Mage, the blood quickly saturated his gloves as he tried to staunch the flow but alas it made it two slippery to pick up the ball as the opposition was to find out to there dismay.

The death of Fabulous Freddy was mourned today by his family, leaving two horribly mutated children behind hi son has requested to adorn his fathers Jersey and irons. Sporting an impressive bar room record of 15 fights and 10 KO's and 200 stitches, he has safe hands honed from catching bottles, chairs and Halflings. He is certain to be a feature of the team for years to come, well maybe days.
Firesky

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2005 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Denazons vs. Skywalkers 1-1

58.000 fans have come together to join the first match of the new Tortley´s Super League and have been expecting a good fight between two rookie teams. With perfect weather the Skywalkers won the toss and decided to recieve first. They tried to build a cage, maybe because of their main sponsor "Orcidas" who could have put out some money for this play style. The Deazons built a strong defense, taking every Skywalker in close range. Volon Heartripper saw his chance to break through right in the middle of the defense and ran towards the endzone with the ball under is arm. A failed dodge of lineman Ingmar Ismuron brought the Denazons in blitzing range. The fans did the only succesfull passes after the ball scattered to them. Seconds after that the first Skywalker was blocked to the KO-Box. After a failed pass of the Denazons the teams start a brawl in the middle of the field. Ogre Melmot Hannibal killed Fabulous Freddy, the Apo was to late, after the 150 kg Ogre smashed Freddy to the ground. After some blocking another lineman had to be transported to the hospital. At least the Denazons took the egg and tried to score, but the Skywalkers managed to catch the opponent player and it was a 0-0 at halftime. Luckily they got another cas, this time the Denazons thrower.

The Denazons revieved and tried another pass. Again it was a miss. Belok Bearkiller managed to knock out himself after a failed dodge which leads to the 3rd KO of the Skywalkers. Finally the Denazons took the ball, but the Skywalkers sacked the ballcarrier again. Then the ball went out of bounds again and was thrown by a Denazons fan right in the open half of the Skywalkers. Blitzer Will-I-Am had no problems to block properly, take up the ball and walk in for the first touchdown of the game!

Now the Skywalkers decided to use full offense tactics to get at least a draw. With two players coming back from the KO-Box they had a 10-9 advantage. Some minutes later Janus McGregor scored the equalizer. Still the chance to turn that match into a victory.

Although they swarmed the field right after the kickoff and knocked out another lineman from the Denazons, the ballhandling in the last seconds of the match was crucial. Ingmar Ismuron was not able to pick it up within several tries. The Denazons could be happy of the draw, as the Skywalkers could be also due to some nervousity in the beginning of the match.
VinnieSpleenmasher

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=968716

Game One vs. Human Targets: Dice rape allows opponent the 2-1 victory! On a sure pass/catch between a passer and catcher, Nuffle interefers and sways the game! Capt.1821's ego will not allow him to ride on the team bus back to Fargo, North Dakota.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2005 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

VinnieSpleenmasher wrote:
Dice rape allows opponent the 2-1 victory! On a sure pass/catch between a passer and catcher, Nuffle interefers and sways the game!

He forgets to mention that he tried that in rain which made the catch a 4+ while he had to make the 3+ roll of the pass.

He forgets to mention that in the very same move he did a 4+ pick up.

He forgets to mention that after making 3 pow blocks he took almost all his players away from the area of the pass and he let the pass uncovered with no reason. After that mistake it was easy to take the ball.

He forgets to mention that after that, he let 2 of my blitzers uncovered, which gave me the 2nd and extrimely easy TD.

Capt.1821's ego will not allow him to ride on the team bus back to Fargo, North Dakota.

He forgets to mention that when I did a mistake that let him score in the first half, I recognized my mistake instead of saying that I was dice raped.
The mistake: After he lost the ball, I didn't secure the ball. Instead I tried to crowd push 3 of his players first and I failed a rerolled 2dice block!

VinnieSpleenmasher:

First - You can not talk about ego while it was you that started talking about dice raping because you believe that you lost only because of the dice while you made childish mistakes.

Second - You can not talk about dice raping just because you failed 1 move that wasn't easy anyway. Also the luck metter says 57% for you and 56% for me.

This win has deserved and anyone can figure this out by watching the replay. Learn to take defeats like a man.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2005 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=968716

Game One vs. Human Targets: Dice rape allows opponent the 2-1 victory! On a sure pass/catch between a passer and catcher, Nuffle interefers and sways the game! Capt.1821's ego will not allow him to ride on the team bus back to Fargo, North Dakota.

lol I just played Capt.1821 and i must say my game wasn't much better. His main objective was to crowdpush players rather than play BB - risking dodges and GFI's to do it. only 5 of my players were on the pitch for most of the match, resulting in a complete walk over. The score isn't, the result of a better team, just one more concerned with killing players.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL! I believe that Captain's response is better than anything I could have written to explain what a pompous arse he is!

Thx!

I know it is a long walk back to Fargo, so he had better get in shape or lose the ego! Forget it. He will ever lose the ego! He should get a p0ersonal trainer instead. GL!
 Jump to: