18 coaches online • Server time: 07:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xlars

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I was reading the FAQ section of the forum and I stumbled upon this:

How do I change my rank?
In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your user name in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). Most boards use ranks to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users. For example, moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank -- you will probably find the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.
I know it is something that came with the php code, but somehow I would like if the admins would lower the spammers, spam, sorry post count. You know who they are!!
Why? - sometimes their posts are fun, but mostly it is just another annoying contribute to an otherwise interesting thread. I start out reading a nice thread about vault rule and all of a sudden I find my self reading the word pie for 10 posts.
-XL

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I know just how you feel, but on the other hand, we have no ranks, as far as I know. Only the post count.

And sometimes, somebody thinks that pie is fun.

I personally don't, even if I sometimes can't see the forest from the trees.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop pretending Mojo, you love a good bit of spam, just like me, but I dont like pie either.

sk8bcn and Macavity are the undoubted kings of spam... and dont mention pie either lol
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You got me there, robbie, but beware, soon I will have worked my way over you!

And then,

well,

nothing then, other than me being #7 and not you!

Oh the joy!

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The irony is, the anti-spam post, is being overtaken by the spammers Razz

To be honest, I would be happy if the spam was kept to the off topic section and the 'Recent Forum Topics' did not show off topic threads.

Sometimes it nice to see what is being discussed in the way of tournaments/tactics without a 'Do you like Sponge Bob?' or such thread in there
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to think that I'm an annoying poster, but also a valid contributor to this Forum's life.
One thing does not necessarily cancels the other, and some of my posts are actually interesting (imho).

Same goes for sk8bcn and Macavity...
Btw, lower my post count to 10, I dont care at all... I just have fun contributing to the forum, either for a wise word or for useless comments.

ps: Hope this is not spam, duketyrion...
ps2: I don't like your idea. Off topic threads often are interesting... I wouldn't like to read the same foul-randomness-skillchoice threads over and over and over and over again all the time...

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
And sometimes, somebody thinks that pie is fun

Now you brought it up...

WHY??

I just don't get it. Perhaps it was funny the first time, but saying "I like pie" a thousand times??

Anyone who can explain to me what the joke is is welcome to do so. I just don't get it.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.explodingdog.com/sept27/goodpie.html

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Spam, what´s spam?
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Same goes for sk8bcn and Macavity...

You italians, first it was berlusconi and now it's you, Jan-Mattys! I need recognition!

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
http://www.explodingdog.com/sept27/goodpie.html

Is that really it? Rolling Eyes

Well worth a 1000 posts I'd say........

(not)

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Is that really it? Rolling Eyes

No it's not.

I'll stop here... it'll be just useless spam and would give xlars a point (which he has not, imho, cause he doesn't understand what this forum would be without consistent posters - or spammers, like he said-). I just find it a bit sad when ppl go over-serious on non-serious matters like game-forums.

ps to MrMojo: I suggest you to do the same.
ps2: http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6599&start=0 read here, sixth post. I don't want to write it all over again...

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It was in no way my point that you consistent posters should be banned. And I for sure like the less serious parts of the forum. but I consider it lack of respect when someone posts a rule question, and just gets a lot of "I like Pie or gooldfidh or what ever"
For sure the forum would be less fun without mac, mrmojo and others. I like polls and funny threads, but how about keeping it at that and not hijack threads?
Hope I am not to serious Smile
-XL

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

To defend myself a little bit:

I never post "I like pie"

I try to contribute when I want to in tactics or strategie by giving mine.

Oh and, I would care if an admin would lower my post total, even if, poor him, could be paid to erase mojo (note that I givve you credit, evilmojo), mac, jan, myself and a few others. That would be a full time job.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2005 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

xlars wrote:
...I know it is something that came with the php code, but somehow I would like if the admins would lower the spammers, spam, sorry post count...

Well, the FAQ you were reading sounds like the default one that comes with phpBB. FUMBBL doesn't use the ranks on the forums, as has already been pointed out.

As far as post counts go, it's not something that anyone - forum moderators, monkeys, gorillas, admins or even Christer - has direct access to. It's a calculated figure based upon their actual spam - er... post count. Manually changing it would be.... well... I'm not even sure how you would do so without going through and deleting posts.

{ edit: Curiosity killed the cat.... and a half an hour worth of productivity. Smile

After seeing HollowOne's post on the next page, I looked into it and there is indeed a post counter in the User table. I just thought it was calculated and cached, but I stand corrected. I still think that it might get updated occasionally and overwritten, rather than incremented.... but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, it is possible but, if you ask me, not worth even the minimal amount of effort involved. Post count is really just not that important. }

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %29, %2005 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: