29 coaches online • Server time: 11:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Has Cindy Piewhistle...goto Post Draft League Expansi...goto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
OverDose

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be easy to implement and would definitely make looking for a game easier, wouldn't it?

n = fiveish would be ideal me thinks!
Eghost

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

why would that make it easier? less teams to choose from....
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

More than 10 is pretty silly, yes.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

More than 5 is pretty SillySod, yes.
momfreeek

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Eghost wrote:
why would that make it easier? less teams to choose from....

I often put ~5 teams on and I get at least 3 offers every time which means at least 2 people turned down. More teams would mean more refusals.

Maybe dorfs and khemri shouldn't add to the limit Wink

Last edited by momfreeek on %b %16, %2008 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Why? If I have 20 teams that I wouldn't mind playing with, what's the issue with putting them all on Gamefinder?

Is it because it's harder for certain people to pick out a nice CR opponent or what?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand how a limit will make it easier to find a game. More teams means more opportunity to find an even match-up.

Perhaps having gamefinder auto-remove teams where the coach is offline would be a plus. Having too many teams on gamefinder where the coach is gone does make finding a game more difficult.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
Why? If I have 20 teams that I wouldn't mind playing with, what's the issue with putting them all on Gamefinder?

Is it because it's harder for certain people to pick out a nice CR opponent or what?

Me thinks you hit the nail...

Pickers get so confused by to many teams Razz

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Perhaps having gamefinder auto-remove teams where the coach is offline would be a plus. Having too many teams on gamefinder where the coach is gone does make finding a game more difficult.

Would be awsome!

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The picker is the guy with 10 teams, not the opponent.

Usually high CR coach, picker professionnal, waiting for a team with 5 niggles, av7 and skills like diving catch and dauntless on the big guy... Easy to recognize, 12 teams for the same guy, but he found no matches after 25mn... How many time did I ask a guy like that for 10 possibles matchup and he refused all of them? Hard to count.

And this guy polluting gamefinder and making everybody loosing time asking for pretty fair matchup when he's waiting for an easy one. But no need to implement anything for him, just ignore him.

Problem is that it's quite common, people don't play matches here, unless they are new or they think they can win easily. I always ask 10 times more than I get yes, and usually I finish with a 150ish CR coach without even looking for that, because they are the only ones who still know how to say yes to a team which isn't underpowered.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ï have a lot of teams I throw on when I don't have a team I favor or prepare for tourneys.

So people chose one of many and I accept more or less the first thing that comes at me.

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2008 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

more than 5 is silly
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2008 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No the pickers have more than the minimum, but less than the majority that have some but not all of their games on gamefinder. And that is just excessive!

If i ever put my unranked teams up, I put them all up. Harder fishing ground after all. So am I the picker or the picked? Picked I would guess as I am offering more fruits than the next cherry. However I don't think you can judge whether they're a picker or not by how many teams are on gamefinder. I don't like the idea personally, but it maybe tidier at peak times.
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2008 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ilovpompom>

It depends on how you see it. We both agree that a lot of people are very picky about what teams to accept. So for me putting 10+ teams on Gamefinder gives me better odds of finding a decent match up, while just having one or two might put me in the same bracket as some picky people or against teams that I just don' feel like playing and I end up having to wait for 15 minutes to get a game going.

So maybe judging people less by stereotypes would benifit Fumbbl more than restrictions on Gamefinder...
momfreeek

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2008 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
No the pickers have more than the minimum, but less than the majority that have some but not all of their games on gamefinder. And that is just excessive!
eh?

How did this turn into a thread about cherry picking? Its about spamming gamefinder with 20 teams when you can only play one match isn't it?