29 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh no, another Stunty leeg team! Yep!

Wisps:
A wisp is a small ethereal spirit, and is the main force behind necromancy. But while necromancy enslaves these spirits and brings only the vile and dark wisps back to life a large spirit "essence" remains untapped. These elusive, agile spirits are mostly found in spiritual places, and safehavens. Many a wanderer has been lost in the forests of Loren distracted and deluded by as they claim: "glowing lights" and "ethereal creatures". These mystical beings come in a few varieties and "colours" which makes these creatures.... Often these wisps are accompanied by a host of creatures close to the spirit realm. Though most are harmless, some are dangerous. Now some of these wisps have found themselves captured by shrewd Wood elves, Powerful Human Mages and sometimes by one of their own kind who is tainted... Although inherently good, the will of a wisp is not that strong....

Blue Wisp: The "Common" Wisp, a blue ball of fleeting light. These wisps float and barely have essence left, but are still vulnerable to "blows" which disrupt their essence. Many years of studies have shown that although they are able to materialise long enough to strike a target, they are unable to hold on to items. Some wisps have been found guarding an item precious to them in life because they are unable to move it... Potential use for necromancy: Possibly a whole new form of undead.. very interesting. *From: Wisps, Spirits and various other Creatures used in Necromancy, Written by Necromancer J'ah Gull*
5/2/4/7 (Dodge stunty Regenerate No hands) (A) 50k (0-12)

Giant Wisp: An ancient wisp. Through many years of studies, and sheer luck, I have found that in years..nay aeons, Wisps grow. Slowly they gain power and endurance at the loss of agility. Though still unable to lift objects, these wisps are terrifyingly powerful, and able to land more powerful blows upon the living when angered. Most commonly found in places left alone for aeons with ancient graves or temples, Potential use for necromancy: Minimal due to vast spans of time needed to create such forms. *From: Wisps, Spirits and various other Creatures used in Necromancy, Written by Necromancer J'ah Gull*
4/4/2/8 (Bonehead, Mighty Blow, Stunty, regenerate,no hands) (G) (no strength, Break tackle+stunty = too powerful for a Normal roll) 0-2 (120k(100k?))

Wispform: These ... Mutant wisps, are spirits, but have somehow transformed themselves into a semi-ethereal shape. Most commonly red or green, and rarer than the "common" wisp, I am still studying if this is just a deviation of the common wisp or an entire different species. Fact remains these creatures can move small objects and hold them. How or why they do this is unknown, although some have been found taking care of entire villages at night by ploughing, sowing and harvesting the fields... Potential use for necromancy: Unsure, due to inability to understand the cause or origins of these creatures. Potentially huge. *From: Wisps, Spirits and various other Creatures used in Necromancy, Written by Necromancer J'ah Gull*
6/1/3/6 (Dodge, stunty, Regenerate) (A) 0-12 40k

Rerolls: 60k
No Wizard, no apothecary

Coach skill: Summon wisp. If a player dies on the opposing team the coach MAY choose to summon this player as a wisp if he has no more than 12 wisps AND//OR 15 players or less on the roster. (same rules as raising the dead basically)

So, in essence, this stunty team is pretty much like most others, but with a few things going for them that no other stunty team has yet. First would be your "big guys" are stunty. You can (if you roll a double and pick break tackle) get a Brilliant cage buster, who is REALLY reliable for a big guy (able to use rerolls!). Sadly, this DOES mean your big guy is a lot more vulnerable. Wisps are ag4, but without hands they can't carry the ball. This does however mean they're able to move around quite freely, but getting spp for these (rather useful) wisps will be hard to say the least. your "carriers" are quite weak and fragile in comparison although a small bit faster. Getting a good balance between "fighter wisps" and carriers may be tough...

And there ya have it, another race Razz

(for the lazy ones:)

Blue wisp: 5/2/4/7 (Dodge stunty Regenerate No hands) (A) 40k (0-12)

Giant Wisp: 4/4/2/8 (Bonehead, Mighty Blow, Stunty, regenerate,no hands) (G) (no strength, Break tackle+stunty = too powerful for a Normal roll) 0-2 (120k (100k?))

Wispform: 6/1/3/6 (Dodge, stunty, Regenerate) (A) 0-12 50k

Reroll: 60k

coach skill: Raise the dead (blue wisp)

No wizard//apothecary

Possible stars I leave out of the picture for now.

EDIT: New Names and Fluff!
Phantasm:
Phantasms, Ectoplasmic entities, or just spirits are small ethereal beings, and are the main force behind necromancy. But while necromancy enslaves these spirits and brings only the vile and dark entities back to life a large Ectoplasmic "essence" remains untapped. These elusive, agile spirits are mostly found in spiritual places, and safehavens. Many a wanderer has been lost in the forests of Loren distracted and deluded by what they claim: "glowing lights" and "ethereal creatures". These mystical beings come in a few varieties and "forms" .... Often these entities are accompanied by a host of creatures close to the spirit realm, who either benefit from their presence, are naturally drawn to them. (And in Blood Bowl games, willing to pay to see the spirits play!). Though most are harmless, some of these creatures are dangerous and have been known to throw boulders, sticks, and various other items at threats or the opposing team! Some of these entities have found themselves captured by shrewd Wood elves, Powerful Human Mages and sometimes even by one of their own kind who is powerful enough to gain control over them... They force the spirits to play Blood Bowl, often for personal financial gain, fame or just because they love to see Blood Bowl being played!

Poltergeist: A common entity. These beings float and barely have essence left, but are still vulnerable to blows which disrupts their essence. Many years of studies have shown that although they are able to materialise long enough to strike a target, or knock on doors, rattle with chains, or punch somebody... Sadly they are unable to hold on to items. Some Poltergeists have been found guarding an item precious to them in life because they are unable to move it... Potential use for necromancy: possibly a whole new form of undead.. very interesting. *From: Wisps, Spirits, Entities and various other Creatures used in Necromancy, Written by Necromancer J'ah Gull*
5/2/4/7 (Dodge Stunty Regenerate No Hands) (A) 60k (0-12)

Spectre: An ancient entity. Through many years of studies, and sheer luck, I have found that over the course of years, nay aeons, Poltergeists grow. Slowly they gain power and endurance at the loss of agility. Though still unable to lift objects, these so called Spectres are terrifyingly powerful, and able to land more powerful blows upon the living when angered. Although it is only rumoured, people say a Spectre could easily break bones if they desired it. Most commonly found in places left alone for aeons with ancient graves or temples. Potential use for necromancy: Minimal due to vast spans of time needed to create such forms. *From: Wisps, Spirits, entities and various other Creatures used in Necromancy, Written by Necromancer J'ah Gull*
4/4/2/8 (Bonehead, Mighty Blow, Stunty, Regenerate,No Hands) (G) (no strength, Break Tackle+Stunty = too powerful for a normal roll) 0-2 120k
Ghosts: Ghosts are as common as Poltergeists, but inherently different.Unlike Poltergeists, Ghosts can actually solidify their mass to carry small burdens. This "Semi-Ethereal" shape makes them terrifying to look at. However, after intensive studies, I have found that although it makes Ghosts more versatile, their power to strike is lower, and ghosts can not grow as much as Poltergeists into the terrifying Spectre... At least not for as far as my research has shown. Most commonly these ghosts are searching to right some form of injustice done to them or their loved ones in life, or take care of something or someone. I am still studying if this is just a deviation of the Poltergheist or an entire different species. The fact remains that these creatures can move small objects and hold them. How or why they do this is still highly theoretical. Some ghosts have been found taking care of entire villages at night by ploughing, sowing and harvesting the fields, some try to scare people away from a place they hold dear, and some wander the lands searching for something... Potential use for necromancy: Unsure, due to inability to understand what exactly a ghost does and why Potentially huge. *From: Wisps, Spirits, entities and various other Creatures used in Necromancy, Written by Necromancer J'ah Gull, Sidenote: Last entry before J'ah Gull was found dead in his room, hair white, and seemingly "Scared to death"... Some believe he encountered a new even deadlier type of Ghost, Some say he just met a spectre... We will never know...*
6/1/3/6 (Dodge, stunty, Regenerate, Foul Appearance) (A) 0-12 50k

Rerolls: 60k
No Wizard, no apothecary

Coach skill: Summon Entity. If a player dies on the opposing team the coach MAY choose to summon this player as a player (Poltergeist) if he has no more than 12 poltergeists AND//OR 15 players or fewer on the roster. (same rules as raising the dead basically)

Star player: J'ah Gull The Wraith (?) (it seems to fit in with the rest of the Schtick to have the (now dead) researcher be the "star"

Subject edited by HunterX to readily identify the thread

Last edited by DreadClaw on %b %03, %2007 - %09:%Sep; edited 10 times in total
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Any opinions would be much appreciated Sad *looks with puppydogeyes*

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally like them... and not just because they aren't gnomes....
I actually think they look a bit on the weak side. Most of your players are going to be Str 1, while you will have two Str 4 and a couple Str 2 in a blitzer or assist roll.
I still like them though.
Maybe it is just me as well, but I think they could be a little faster or have a little bit more access to even them out with some of the other teams. I am far from the expert though, but excellent work. Shocked
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It's better to be somewhat underpowered to begin I think.. Although you shouldn't underestimate the power of Breaktackle+stunty... If they really DO prove to be weak, a wisp can get +ma, or even the giant wisp +str.

Alternatively, you could give the str1 +1av (a goblin has 6/2/3/7 dodge stunty right stuff) or another ma increase

Last edited by DreadClaw on %b %13, %2005 - %13:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Smegish

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see some real thought in the background behind the race, good job dreadclaw. It is also great to see a team that isn't total BS, truly amazing. Very Happy

Looks like there could be a nice balance between bashing and ballplaying in this bunch, and having the 'big guys' stunty is an interesting change, will be good to see how these guys perform in playtesting.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
Nice to see some real thought in the background behind the race, good job dreadclaw. It is also great to see a team that isn't total BS, truly amazing. Very Happy

Looks like there could be a nice balance between bashing and ballplaying in this bunch, and having the 'big guys' stunty is an interesting change, will be good to see how these guys perform in playtesting.

Thanks.. might have to find the stunty playtesters someday soon(ish)

Not being at home is a bit of a burden Razz

Not sure if 120k is too expensive for the giant wisp

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that this doesn't seem utter BS, although that can't be said of many other team proposals...

As the wisps seem mostly ethereal AND you left the big hitting wisps stunty still (nice choise I think), you could actually try making them able to dodge too? Ag3? The slowness counteracts and the team isn't terribly overpowered at all I think. Just a thought.

And what's this I've seen in another team proposal too, you have a cap for the regular linos? Why top 12? If someone wanted to make a team full on those and and a single ball carrier I don't see a reason why it couldn't be made. Imo 0-16 again! Smile
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My first (kneejerk) reactions:

The basic stunties lack something to make them special. It seems most of the newer races add a skill or trait besides the dodge /stunty thing. Basicaly what you have here is only a snotling with a helmet on (+AV).

I like the Ag4 No Hands types A LOT. Makes this a stunty team where you actually have a chance against the standard opponent with DT as first skill everywhere.

The Giants seem too expensive when compared to the other bigguns. I'd either drop the cost, or raise the AV or ST.

Fluffwise this is way better than just the "Honey I shrunk the team" stuff I see too much of.

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

tassel wrote:
I agree that this doesn't seem utter BS, although that can't be said of many other team proposals...

As the wisps seem mostly ethereal AND you left the big hitting wisps stunty still (nice choise I think), you could actually try making them able to dodge too? Ag3? The slowness counteracts and the team isn't terribly overpowered at all I think. Just a thought.

And what's this I've seen in another team proposal too, you have a cap for the regular linos? Why top 12? If someone wanted to make a team full on those and and a single ball carrier I don't see a reason why it couldn't be made. Imo 0-16 again! Smile

You can field a team full of wisps if you want, but You NEED the str1 carriers. it's just cosmetics, but that's not really an issue. the str1 carriers stay at 0-12 though Smile if the team proves horribly underpowered you can add ma//str to the giant wisp but not ag. He's big, lumbering and powerfull. I find an ag4 potential big guy (and you KNOW you take ag+ on these boys) less menacing than an ag5 stunty big guy. maybe strength access on the blue wisps, or something. there are a lot of "power enhancing" options available, but I wanted to start off with a "feel" of the concept, which (may) be a bit weak

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
My first (kneejerk) reactions:

The basic stunties lack something to make them special. It seems most of the newer races add a skill or trait besides the dodge /stunty thing. Basicaly what you have here is only a snotling with a helmet on (+AV).

I like the Ag4 No Hands types A LOT. Makes this a stunty team where you actually have a chance against the standard opponent with DT as first skill everywhere.

The Giants seem too expensive when compared to the other bigguns. I'd either drop the cost, or raise the AV or ST.

Fluffwise this is way better than just the "Honey I shrunk the team" stuff I see too much of.

Firstly, Thanks Very Happy

The "giant snotlings" as you call em, have +2ma, +1 av and don't posess 2 heads.. a skryre slave comes closer Razz

The big guy is expensive, I know. But stunty is truely powerful on a stunty big guy. maybe 100k would be more fair. But that is what playtesting is for Smile Could add dodge, Armour, strength.. whichever. It's a concept Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you need playtesters Dread I am doing a site and trying to start a round of playtesting and would be more than happy to include your team.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Dooby wrote:
If you need playtesters Dread I am doing a site and trying to start a round of playtesting and would be more than happy to include your team.

If you think it's worthy enough Smile Feel free to add or remove or swap a few stats around if needed (ma increase for any, av for the giant or the wispforms, or str+ for the giant wisp (could be replaced with dodge too)

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Course they are mate you might want to ask Pat about doing some icons though, that guys a genius
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dooby wrote:
Course they are mate you might want to ask Pat about doing some icons though, that guys a genius

Will do that if plenty of people like the team.

Shouldn't be "TOO hard" though, they're mostly glowing balls of light (small and big ones) and a glowing ball of light with some rudimentary form (probably some sort of handlike figure?)

And hell yes, Pat is a pure genius. *worships pat*

Post   Posted: Dec 13, 2005 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

What other races are being playtested? and where can I find rosters etc? If you need some help playtesting I'd gladly help!