49 coaches online • Server time: 11:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rynkky

Post 4 Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

JBBR (Java BloodBowl Replayer) team needs YOU!

We're looking for alpha and beta testers for our new JBBR release. We already have bunch of testers with Windows 95-XP OSes and thus are only looking for testers with Linux, Mac or Solaris.

If you're interested in, please post me a PM with following information:

- Your Operating System (please remember to mention if it's 32 or 64-bit)
- Your email address (where I will be sending the versions to be tested)
- Your JRE version (JRE 1.4 or newer is required!)
- Your machine specs (CPU and RAM amount at least)

I would like to get JBBR tested in every supported OS before we go open beta. Current plans are that first Closed Alpha will be sent to testers at the end of week 51 (i.e. week beginning with 19th of December).

Testers will have one week of testing period after which I expect to get some feedback of how the version worked in their OS. If any crashes happen I want to get the crash logs sent to me. This is volunteer work so nothing is oobligatory BUT if you apply as alpha tester I presume to get some feedback. Smile

For interested:

New features included in JBBR2 are:

- Sound support
- Animations (ball, spells, bombs, throw team mate)
- TackleZones
- New revised UI that can be customized
- Forward & Backward playing
- Reroll displays
- Team apothecary, wizard displays
- Get the ref and "IGMEOY eye" displays
- And more..

Please send any questions as a reply to this topic so I don't have to answer same questions many times. Smile

Br,
JBBR Team

Last edited by Rynkky on %b %15, %2005 - %11:%Dec; edited 3 times in total
Maximilian

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we see it ?
Give us a link to download the program... so we can give you suggestions bout it.
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Maximilian wrote:
Can we see it ?
Give us a link to download the program... so we can give you suggestions bout it.

Yes you can, but not until it has gone through closed alpha and beta. After that it will be public to anyone. The idea of close alpha and beta is to get replayer as stable as possible in every supported OS before we go public.

Br,

JBBR Team
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

as a mac user i will be happy to test the system for you
Colin

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Does it allow more speed multipliers than before? I always found 2.0X too slow, and 4.0X too fast...

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Does it allow more speed multipliers than before? I always found 2.0X too slow, and 4.0X too fast...

Speed range is -16x to 16x currently. Negative values play backwards, while positive values play forward. Zero is pause.

Br,

JBBR Team
Barnlato

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I want the program, but I don't want to send you any reports. Just send me the darn program and I will use it as I like. I expect that you have some time to test it yourself as you have time to code these useless programs. So where is the download link? Put it online right now! I probably won't like the graphics or usability so be prepared to read all my posts in all the forums I can think of writing my complaints down. And why don't you change the program to meet my demands automatically and stop wasting my precious time. I'd rather just play Fumbbl and kill everyone at the last turn. So code that in there.
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Barnlato wrote:
I want the program, but I don't want to send you any reports. Just send me the darn program and I will use it as I like. I expect that you have some time to test it yourself as you have time to code these useless programs. So where is the download link? Put it online right now! I probably won't like the graphics or usability so be prepared to read all my posts in all the forums I can think of writing my complaints down. And why don't you change the program to meet my demands automatically and stop wasting my precious time. I'd rather just play Fumbbl and kill everyone at the last turn. So code that in there.

Close but no cigar.. Laughing

Br,

JBBR Team
Colin

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Rynkky wrote:
Colin wrote:

Speed range is -16x to 16x currently. Negative values play backwards, while positive values play forward. Zero is pause.

Br,

JBBR Team

Very nice - that kills two bird with one stone.

I see my fields work with the replayer, they just need renaming.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Rynkky wrote:
Colin wrote:

Br,

JBBR Team

Very nice - that kills two bird with one stone.

I see my fields work with the replayer, they just need renaming.

New replayer supports field sets, thus you can copy your own field images using some specific directory name and then your fields are usable in replayer. Field sets can be changed during replay, just by selecting new fieldset from Options.

Br,

JBBR Team
Colin

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If this all works out, perhaps Christer would support using JBBR as FUMBBL's official replay tool?

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

This is so cool.

I don't know if this has been covered or not.

It would be great if the teams races were shown in the game lists. Also if you could set a default in the coach tab. e.g. to list your own games.

Sounds like a good excuse to get the linux box up over the holidays. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This 'Sounds' very cool and I will definitely be thanking you once I get to use it. Just as an estimate do you have an idea of when you will be releasing for public use? Shocked
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2005 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

most likely in there, but is handicap effect shows on the players?

ie runesmith or illegal drugs +str actually attributed to the player
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
If this all works out, perhaps Christer would support using JBBR as FUMBBL's official replay tool?

For this I can't say anything at the moment. It all depends on how Christer sees this change.

Br,

JBBR Team
 Jump to: